Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Edge of Always by J.A.Redmerski...review by Dawn






 
~blurb~


Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged-and a wedding isn't the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can't wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew, a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to-until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn't understand how this could happen to them. He's trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won't do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride...
 
 
 
Let me first start of by saying, I loved The Edge of Never, like adored it...
This picks up where we last left Camryn and Andrew, in Galveston and expecting a child.  Living away from home, North Carolina is getting to Camryn. She misses her Mom and best friend, Natalie. Andrew doesn't really care where they are as long as they are together. 
 
Visiting NC, is very revealing to Andrew. He is not the biggest fan of Natalie, her pic on his cell is hyena for shits and giggles! loved that. Things there are going fine, and they decide they will end up living there. Then tragedy strikes...
 
I am not going to put spoilers on here for you, but it is heart breaking. For me this is where the book sort of fell apart. Natalie notices changes in Cam and seeks Andrew out to fill him in or Cam's very difficult past. Surprised by what he finds out Andrew vows to be there and make sure Camryn is getting everything she needs.
 
I was just bothered by how these two didn't deal with what happened. I mean we get glimpses of Cam being up set and then she turns to numbing the pain., but there is never really a breaking point.  And poor Andrew, he never gets a chance to be upset! I know he is a great guy and all about Cam, but I really wanted him to just lose it. It bothered me a lot. When Andrew finds out what Camryn is doing, it's basically "stop this now... ok" and then she does. I don't know it just was a little to "nice and neat" to me.
I miss the Andrew and Camryn from the first book, I mean I get it...people grow up and change, but its only been like 6 months!!!
 
We see them take off again trying to recapture the free, fun, no commitments life style they once had. Living in hotels and driving along the cost, preforming, taking jobs for weeks at a time, just getting back to who they once were. There were some pretty great moments during the travel and I found myself thinking " OH THERE THEY ARE"...
Andrew's 26th birthday...

"Ho-ly-shit" I yell out. It takes me a second to realize what happened. Between seeing Camryn at the foot of the bed holding an ice bucket and me frantically tossing the cold, wet sheets to the side, I'm still trying to catch my breath.
Camryn cackles loudly. "Happy birthday, baby! Get up!"
I guess I deserved that after what I did to her on the morning of her birthday last month. But the devious little shit really got me good, much worst than I did her. I guess paybacks really are a bitch.
Unable to keep from smiling, I just deal with it and slowly ease my naked ass off the bed. Already she's go that uh-oh look on her face and she begins to back away from me and move toward the door. Knowing it's her only way out, I watch as she gauges the situation.
 "I'm sorry!" she says with a terrified smile, her hand bent behind her feeling her way for the door.
"Uh-huh, I'm sure you are, babe."
I walk very slowly toward her, my hooded eyes watching her as if I'm a predator toying with its prey.
She cackles again. "Andrew! You better not!" She's just two feet from the door now. But I take my time, letting her think she might actually make it that far, my grin deepening to the point that I know I must look like a sadistic madman by now.
Suddenly Camryn squeals, unable to contain it any longer and dashes to the door thrusting it open "Nooo! Please!" she yells and laughs at the same time as the door swings wide open, smashing into the wall. She runs out into the hallway.
When I come running out after her, the shocked look on her face and the hilarious fact that she actually stopped, is a dead giveaway that she didn't expect me to go this far with no clothes.
 
I was laughing out loud while reading that part... just visually it was amazing to imagine, hey its Andrew after all.
I felt like the banter was still there and they really did love each other. It was very sweet and beautifully written, very believable.
I felt like this story was written to inspire healing and over coming tragedy, it is a lovely love story.
I just wish there was more "heat" not sex, heat...I do get that in the first book, it was about falling in love and this one, is about sustaining that love.
I admit, I cried a few times while reading it, and once you read it, I feel like you will know exactly what I am talking about.
It's worth the read and it will touch each one of us differently and that is what a good book is suppose to do.
I am giving The Edge of Always 4 clocks, happily!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment