Thursday, November 7, 2013

Night Owl by M.Pierce...Reviews by Kathy and Dawn....



~Blurb-
Love is unstoppable...

At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers -- all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce.

At twenty-seven, Hannah Catalano has a train wreck. Her boyfriend is a deadbeat and her job is abysmal.

Matt and Hannah meet online as writing partners. Their relationship is safe, anonymous, and innocent...

Until Matt sees a picture of Hannah.

Hannah's picture sparks an attraction Matt is powerless to ignore. When circumstance brings Matt and Hannah together, the strangers begin a love story that's passionate, poignant, unforgettable, and unstoppable

I loved this book. I loved it enough to make Dawn (The original blogger and reviewer) read it. So I am going to just jump right on in....

Matt Sky is HOT. He is a best selling author and has his life where he wants it, until Hannah.  They have set rules...

"No pictures," I told Hannah on Skype. "No specifics, no last name, no phone number. Nothing. I don't want to know you, and I don't want you to know me. We write together online, that's it. I'm not looking for a new fried, I'm looking for a writing partner."
" Got it," she replied.
Hannah broke two of my rules within a month when she sent me an email from her personal address, hannah.catalano@gmail.com. Beside the email was her account picture. A picture of her.

They end up talking and things progress from there. She leaves her boyfriend and is headed home to Colorado where her family lives. During the trip to Colorado, more rules get broken by both Matt and Hannah. They talk on the phone. They text. Hannah is enthralled with him. Truthfully I was right there with Hannah all the way.....Then they meet...

Hannah giggled and bunched up a pillow beneath her chest.
"I'd smack you with this if I could," she said. She stifled a yawn. Fuck, she was precious. "Oh, hey. Will you do me a favor Matt?"
"Anything."
"This is easy. Just repeat after me. 'It was nice talking to you, Hannah. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight."
I gave her an incredulous look.
"Don't give me that look. I'm trying to reach you this mysterious skill, one that you seem to lack. It's called how to say goodbye."
I smiled and rubbed the back of my neck.
"What are you grinning at?" she said.
"I never want to," I said.
"What? Never want to what?"
"I never want to learn how to say goodbye."

Swoon.. sorry but ahhhhh I love that... The beginning of this book was WOW but then we move into the dark angsty part. Matt has been keeping all sorts of things from Hannah. Once she finds out all of them will she still be there. Matt should tell her everything....He wants to tell her but is scared. He has a lot of history and not all of it is good. Just when he is ready to let her know all the good, the bad, and the awful, it blows up on him.

Matt had that girlfriend. Bethany. She was away when this started. He never told Hannah about her. Now she is tearing his world with Hannah apart...Matt goes to a very dark place. Only Hannah can make it light again. I do not want to give out any spoilers.

Hannah loves Matt but will she be able to really accept him once she finds out everything.

"Please just come, please Hannah...."
Hot tears spilled over my eyelids.
"Matt, I swear, I'll be there. I have to tell Pam I'll be late. I'll be there, though, just...."
"Please," I whispered.
"I'm coming. I'm going in, I'm telling Pam I'll be late, and no matter what, I'm coming over Matt. Give me ten minutes. Five minutes."
"No matter what," I repeated.
"No matter what."
"Promise. Hannah, Promise. Promise you'll be here no matter what."
"Matt, I promise. I'll be right there. No matter what."


I absolutely loved this book. Love this line...."You're projecting your assholery on to me." Matt was damaged, truthfully may always be damaged. But OMG he is a HOT DOMINATE man who expects his rules to be followed and has no problems telling you exactly want HE wants. Yeah I LOVED Matt. The sex was steamier than hell. I reread this book all ready and writing the review makes me want to read it again. I give it 5 steaming hot panty melting clocks. Anxiously awaiting the 2nd book.
 
 
 
 OK, you read Kathy's review now here is mine...
 
I really did enjoy this book, I don't think anyone can enjoy it as much as Kathy did!
I really loved the drama portion of this book. It was fan flipping tastic! Matt is very damaged, and he has demons he is chasing. His secrets are eating at him and he is trying like crazy to keep them hidden from Hannah.
 
Matt, is smokin' HOT! It went from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds! He was certainly not secretive about his wants and desires. Hannah was putty in his hands...and that made it even hotter!

Once Hannah learns his secret, she is hurt and feeling betrayed... Can she ever come back from that, or will she leave Matt to deal with the fall out and pick up the pieces?
I really am interested to see where this goes, the way it ended left me shaking my head saying... "OH HELL NO, DON'T END LIKE THAT"! So me being an instant gratification kinda gal, I want to know NOW!
 
This book is catching on fast and rightly so, now I am waiting... I want book 2! I am giving Night Owl, 4 Clocks...
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment: