Thursday, November 7, 2013

Text by Cambria Herbert...review by Kathy





 
Blurb-
Honor Calhoun never thought her life would ever be like the books she writes for a living. One morning while out for a run, she learns not all bad things are plots in novels. Some horrors can actually come true.
She faces off with a persistent attacker, holds her own, but in the end is taken hostage and thrown into a hole. In the middle of the woods.
But Honor didn’t go down there alone.
She took her kidnapper’s phone with her. But with a spotty signal and a dying battery, hope is slim.
Nathan Reed is an active duty Marine stationed at a small reservist base in Pennsylvania. All he wants is a calm and uneventful duty station where he can forget the memories of his time in a war-torn country.
But a single text changes everything.
Nathan becomes Honor’s only hope for survival, and he has to go against the clock, push aside his past, and take on a mission for a girl he’s never met.
Both of them want freedom… but they have to survive long enough to obtain it
.
I wanted to read this book from the moment that I read the excerpt in Tempt. I love the premise of the book.  Then it got released 2 days early and I am a very happy girl.

What would you do if you were suddenly attacked. Do you fight or do you give in. If you are Honor you fight. Then you fight some more. And just when you think you can't fight anymore you see a cell phone in your kidnappers back pocket. You do what you have to do to get it, even if you are thrown into a hole in the middle of the woods. But what happens if there is not enough signal to make a call, what then? Then all of a sudden you see this text message......

You're late. U coming?
Please help me.
What's wrong? Shitty hand?
I was kidnapped by the owner of this phone. Plz help me. Call 911.
That's a sick joke.
I'm not jkin! I swear!
Prove it.


Have I gotten your attention? I know Cambria Hebert sure got mine.

Honor is scared out of her mind but, she is tough. She will find a way out. She is not just going to give up and die. She keeps trying to get out of the hole she was thrown in and hoping that Nathan will find her.

Nathan ( oh my do I want a Nathan) is a marine. When he gets this text message he knows that he will do anything to find and protect Honor. He is tough and smart. Then he gets a new text message....

He's Back.

Once Nathan finds her, he sees the bruises and blood. He wants to kill the guy, but they are now being hunted by the lunatic. They take shelter so Nathan can assess her wounds. He knows they can't be there for long..

"Hey, I'm Nathan Reed. It's nice to meet you. "
"I'm a staff sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. my favorite color is green, and I like football."
"What are you doing?" I asked, thoroughly charmed by him.
"Formally introducing myself so you'll let me under your shirt."
I laughed. " I usually don't let men I just met under my shirt."
"I'm irresistible."
I smiled. "And so modest."
"Now you know all about me. Your turn."
"I'm Honor Calhoun. I'm a writer. my favorite color is blue, and I also like football."
"You like hot wings, Honor?" he asked like it was the most important thing he needed to know.
"Who doesn't?"
"Nice," he drawled.
"All right," he said, gesturing to my shirt. "Lift it up. Let's see it."
"You suck at foreplay."
"That, sweetheart was not foreplay. When we get to that, you'll damn well know it."



Like I said, I want Nathan. He is cocky yet sweet. He only wants to protect Hannah and make sure that she is never hurt again. He takes care of her in the woods, and continues once they are home. I am not normally a fan of the "insta love" thing in romance books. It works here though. Maybe because they have to depend on each other in the woods or maybe just because Cambria is such a good writer. I just know that I put down a different book to read Text. I keep thinking about how wonderful Nathan is, even though he does have his own issues. I give a full 5 clocks. I am now awaiting the next book in the series.. TIPSY...there is an excerpt in the back. Thanks Cambria now I am going to be all wound up till I get to read that one too.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment