Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hook Me by Chelle Bliss... Review by Dawn



Blurb


Michael Gallo found his calling in life – he wants to kick ass. He works at Inked as a piercer, but spends his mornings training and dreaming of winning an UFC championship. Michael is the road to achieving his goal when a chance encounter alters his world forever. The title is no longer enough – he must capture the woman of his dreams.

Dr. Mia Greco is dedicated to saving lives and helping those less fortunate. She doesn’t have time to meet Mr. Right with her busy schedule. She buries herself in her work and helping humanity. Fate steps in and sweeps the carpet out from under her. She tries to deny the pull to him, a man that uses his fists for gain, but the universe won’t let her walk away so easy and Michael isn’t one to take no for an answer.

He has a secret that may rip them apart. There are forces bigger than them at work; drawing them in and making their worlds collide – not letting either one of them walk away.



OK, I am going to start with, I want to call dibs on all the Gallo brothers! Oh, Kathy is gonna kill me.. Sadly, she has claimed them already. 

Michael is just a fantastic addition to a series that is so much fun to read! Chelle Bliss, takes you into the Inked Tattoo shop, owned by the Gallo brothers and their only sister Izzy... I want to go there, I want to hang out with these people! 
Michael was born to fight, it's in his blood... and he never loses! He was made for this. He gets the job done and then some. He loves the combat and winning... His weakness... Mia

Dr. Mia Greco, is an ER physician who has seen it all and it haunts her. Coming to her dreams nightly and making her life hell. The bright spot, spending her time volunteering at a local free clinic. She loves helping those who can not afford proper health care, it's her mission in life. Mia meets Michael when he comes into the ER with broken ribs. 

" I think you need an x-ray to be sure you haven't punctured your lung. How did you do this anyway?"
"I had a fight and the guy kneed me in the rib cage."
She grimaced and sighed. "Men, I'll never understand them."
"Doc," I placed my hand over hers, stilling her movement before I got a tent in my pants. "It was a pro fight. I don't do street fights or bar room brawls."
"Not much difference in my eyes when someone ends up in front of me. Violence is violence to me."
I grinned at her. "Oh, come on. You've never hit someone?"
"Not unless I was defending myself." She puller her hands back and picked up the chart from the table next to the gurney.
"Well, I was defending myself from his damn knee," I laughed. "Ouch, fuck."
"Did you win?" Raising her eyebrows and cocking her head, she stared at me with parted lips.
I wanted to grab her and sweep my tongue inside her mouth. Show her how a real man does it. My strength wasn't only good in the ring, but I could hold her against the wall and make her dirty with barely any effort.
"I always win." I grinned , winking at her
"Cocky bastard," she muttered under her breath.
"My ribs hurt, but my hearing is fantastic, Doc."

It's banter like this that makes this series and book so much fun to read! I love the back and forth between Michael and Mia. 
Mia is strong and throws herself into her work and makes not much time for anything else... like dating. Her friends hardly see her, she doesn't put much effort into her appearance and  meeting a man is not something she is interested in. Her friends decide she needs a "girls night out" and for once she is in agreement. So Mia, gets all decked out and hits the clubs with the gals... I swear I read this and immediately sent Kathy a screen shot and was laughing out loud!

"Would you ladies like a shot?" he asked, never taking his eyes off Sarah. 
"Hell yes" she said, still wearing the dopey smile he'd given her.
"A toast," Lori said, as she raised her glass. 
"May your love last thousand years but come in sic inch increments."
Clinking our glasses together , we laughed and downed the sweet strawberry liquid.
"Six seems a bit average, don't you think?" Jamie said, as she wiped her lips with the back of her hand.
"Hey, when you're getting zero, six seems like fucking king dong."

It's things like this that make me a very happy reader/fan.

One thing leads to another and Michael eventually wears Mia down and she accepts a date with him... and it is a amazing first date! The man could charm the pants off a nun! 

The story is not all fun and games. There is Michael's CRAZY and I mean CRAY- CRAY ex Tammy. She lives in a world all her own. OH! and she happens to work at the same hospital as Mia... Yep, that makes for some interesting interactions. Tammy is a constant problem in Michael's life, she just will not accept that it was not serious on his part. She is living in "la-la land.." as far as he is concerned. 

Mia, is devastated when Tammy plays the ultimate stalker/crazy card and Mia wants NO part of it... no matter what Michael says. She let her guard down and started falling for him, only to get slapped in the face. 

I am not going on any further... YOU MUST read this book. It is the perfect blend of ... fun, drama,sex and heart. 
The ONLY thing I wanted was Tammy to suffer a bit more.. But she was/is crazy and that just may be enough...

What I love most about this series is the Gallo family... the whole bunch! They come together, supporting each other, love one another . It is so refreshing to have a cast that is not dark and brooding throughout the whole book.  I LOVE Mamma Gallo... give that woman a grand child Please.. I am begging you... she is an amazing woman. 

As I was finishing this book...Ms. Bliss gave us a snippet into the next book, Izzy's story. I read it and was "Chelle Shocked" (see what I did there?) I am ready to get my greedy hands on it... and the rest of the Gallo Men!

Hook Me, The Men of Inked book #2...Gets 5 clocks from me!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment