Thursday, January 2, 2014

Conflicted Love, Needle's Kiss #2 by Lola Stark...... reviewed by kathy

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Blurb-(Conflicted Love is book #2 in the Needle's Kiss series and should be read AFTER Tattered Love to fully grasp the story.)

Trip’s life motto is simple: get in, get off, get out. His lifestyle works for him, that is until he finds himself in an unexpected situation with the one girl he can't seem to get out of his mind.

Teeny has been strong for too long. One amazing crazy night, with her best friend's cocky colleague, leaves her with more than just unwanted feelings and cravings she just can’t seem to quench.

She's knocked up.

He's freaked out.

Life is about to get crazy for two people who can't stand to be close, yet can't seem to pull apart. Tension and confusion turn into mood swings and midnight snacks. How can things ever go back to simple times when every direction leads to chaos?
I am going to start this off by saying that I loved the first book in this series and was anxiously awaiting this book. The first book made me laugh, sigh, and OMG the hot sex in that book. Whew. So yes I really wanted to read this book. I was not disappointed at all. At the end of the first book we find out that Teeny is preggers by Trip. They are/were friends before this but Teeny doesn't think Trip can ever settle down. He thinks he can be what she wants and needs. All they do now is fight or ignore each other. Oh Yeah Trip just found out he is the Daddy.......

The moment I stepped around the corner into the long walkway, I came to an abrupt halt. A mixture of emotions hit me all at once; jealousy, anger, protectiveness and something that made my chest tight.
Scar's voice drifted to my ears, 'The stress isn't good for the baby, sweetie. You need to tell him."
Teeny stood there, her back to us, Scarlett holding the tops of her arms. The second Scar lifted her gaze, her eyes flicked around and a whispered, "Oh shit!" escaped her lips.
Teeny spun around with an audible gasp, tears marking her face. Her hand went to her stomach along with my gaze.
WHAT THE FUCK!
I hesitated to move closer; annoyed she hadn't felt like she could tell me. I mean, she wasn't seeing anyone but the dude who knocked her up; I'd already decided that he'd better step up and help her, or I'd beat the crap outta him. A shadow of anger at the thought of her being in somebody else's bed, having somebody else's hands on her body, those lips around somebody else's--I shook my head to clear my shitty and confusing train of thought.
I took a few big strides putting myself in front of her small frame and asked, "Whose is it?"
Teeny's body went stiff, her face void of all emotion. Her hand pressed tighter to her stomach. She turned to walk away, but I reached out and gripped her free hand stopping her escape.
"Whose kid is it? " I asked again as Mace's hand connected with the back of my head,            "What the hell, dude?"
"Dumbass!" he muttered taking a step toward Scar and Teen. His insult rolled off my back; I didn't care if I was being an ass. I wanted to make sure Teeny's guy was gonna take care of her.
"Fuck you!" she whispered, not looking at me.
"I never pegged you for stupid, Trip." This from Scar.
"Me stupid? Why ? Wait--" My head was spinning like I'd drunk an entire bottle of Tequila. The air I was gulping wasn't getting to my lungs. " Do you mean--?"
Ahh Shit, the nerves got the best of me and I started to ramble, " Is it broken? Oh God, it's broken, isn't it? Fuck me! You know, Mom never could give me anything as a kid. Toys. I'd break them, New clothes. I'd mess'em. Now, I fuck up my favorite part of my woman! Goddamn it! Tell me it'll be okay, Doc!" I rambled looking for assurance that my happy place was going to come out the other side okay.
"Holy shit!" I looked from between her legs up to her sweaty red face, "Babe, there's either a head comin' out or you're pissin' a fucking baseball! Holy shit Teen, it's the head!"
"I know. I can freakin' feel it!" she screamed looking like she'd take my head off if it were within reach. I peeked back down and heard her grunt.
Excitement filled me." The head! It's out!" My excitement fizzled when bloody water gushed out. Starting to feel woozy, I swallowed hard and my lip curled." Is it meant to do that?" My breathing became heavier. " I don't like that." I stepped back and away a little, my stomach rolling. " Nope. Babies are meant to be soft and fluffy. Teen's not having a demon baby." I held the wall for support, panting. " I'm in bad shape over here. You just keep doing what you're doing, Princess. I'll be right there." I doubled over, breathing deep and trying not to pass out.
Scar snapped at me from beside Teeny," Get your shit together. You got her here, Now pull up your lace panties and help her."
Teeny grunted and pushed again. I took a tentative step forward to see the doctor pulling and yanking at my kid's shoulders. Teen's bits looked like they might tear in half. I winced, " That's gotta hurt."
The sight of her vagina stretched so much made me want to cry or stomp my foot or something, just to show my distress. Perhaps, I'd have a meltdown.
The doctor pulled again. "Oh God, it's not a rubber band, It ain't meant to go like that! Put it back! Put it back!" I was sounding hysterical. At that point, Teeny and Scar both yelled at me to shut up.
I fisted my glove-covered hands against my temples finally, reaching freak-out mode. Mace may have been smart to sit this one out. I was sure that I had just witnessed what was the equivalent of watching your favorite bar burn down.

Ok I have to say that this scene totally cracked me up. I was laughing so hard, trying to read this to my husband. He said he understood what Trip was thinking. That set me off again. Have to say that this was by far my favorite birthing scene from any book. Kudos Lola for making this so funny and memorable. This was just one of many great funny scenes with Trip and Teeny. I loved these characters in the first book and totally fell for Trip in this book. He was so sweet and bad boy and  Alpha. I truly enjoyed the book and spent a lot of time laughing out loud at these two characters. I also truly believed that they loved each other. They fought, they laughed, they made up. Boy did they make up and damn it was HOT. Lola Stark writes some very hot scenes. There is a 3rd book coming and yea I want that one here now. I am really not a patient person. I give this book 4 1/2 stars.
                  







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment