Monday, December 30, 2013

The Silver Chain by Primula Bond.... Review by Dawn

~blurb~
Bound by passion, she was powerless to resist.
The Silver Chain is the first in the sexy, passionate and addictive Unbreakable Trilogy by Primula Bond.
One dark evening in London, photographer Serena Folkes is indulging her impulsive side with a night-time shoot. But someone is watching her – mysterious entrepreneur Gustav Levi. Serena doesn’t know it yet, but this handsome stranger will change her life forever…
Serena is fascinated by Gustav, the enigmatic owner of the Levi Gallery, and she soon feels an irresistible pull of attraction. The interest is mutual, and Gustav promises to launch Serena’s photographic career at his gallery, but only if Serena agrees to become his exclusive companion.
To mark their agreement, Gustav gives Serena a bracelet to wear at all times. Attached to it is a silver chain of which he is the keeper. With the chain Gustav controls Serena physically and symbolically – a sign that she is under his power.
As their passionate relationship intensifies, Gustav’s hold on the silver chain grows stronger. But will Gustav’s dark past tear them apart?
 
 
 
Sounds great right???? I was sent this as an ARC from the publisher and was excited to get into a new series...  Well, I was surprised by just how much I disliked it. I know, I know... that is not very nice, and actually it's not the story that is bad, its the writing.  It was beyond annoying with the need to describe every detail in the book. From the wind, the thunder, the windows, floors, the water, the blankets... I am not kidding people, every detail is described at length ... Everything but the sex and this is touted as a EROTIC book! I was very confused by this...
The whole Silver Chain, is a bracelet that he gets for Serena. It has a very long chain that he attaches to his watch. It was pretty interesting, Gustav would use it to bind her wrists... She has hidden, or not so much hidden fetish about spanking that has never been acted upon. He spanks her... Yep, that would be the most salacious part of this EROTIC book.  
 
I will say this is written by a British author, and she uses a lot of terms that fall flat with this American ... I have read many other Brits and they didn't bother me like this one did...
I am probably not going to finish this series.. this was book one .... I feel bad for not completing the collection, but I had such a hard time with this one...
If you have read book one and two please feel free to inform me if it does get better... I was so hoping this was going to be something I could sink my teeth into .... I am giving it a generous 2 clocks..

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment