Thursday, January 2, 2014

Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner series) by Tiffany Snow..... review by Dawn

 
~Blurb~
Breaking up is hard to do, as Kathleen Turner discovers. After a falling-out with her ex, high-powered attorney Blane Kirk, she’s moving on the best she can. Unfortunately, someone from her past is set on revenge and nothing short of killing Kathleen will stop them.

Keeping his brother’s ex-girlfriend alive isn’t something new to assassin-for-hire Kade Dennon, but this time can he protect her from himself? She’s a woman he can’t convince himself to walk away from, no matter what it costs him.

Regret is a constant companion for Blane as he realizes the truth behind the lies he’s been told. Can love heal the past, or can some mistakes not be undone?

Murder reunites Blane, Kade, and Kathleen as the police put Blane in their crosshairs. Blane may lose everything unless he and Kade can find the real murderer before it’s too late. But if they can’t set aside their love for the same woman and work together, it will tear them apart.

In Out of Turn, Kathleen is caught between two warring brothers, and the consequences may be fatal.

Let me start off by saying I LOVE this series, I read the first 3 books in one weekend and then had to wait on book 4, Out of Turn... I am not quite in love with this one as I was with the first three. The intense drama and mystery surrounding Kathleen were still there and that is what I love about these books. But this one got really messy with the love triangle.., If you are not familiar with the series its, Blane, hot shot power attorney once fiancé of Kathleen.... Kade, your standard bad boy with a heart that is sometimes in the right place, a BAD ASS and also the brother of Blane and OH YEAH, he is in love with Kathleen also... confused... let me break it down for you...
 
Blane + Kathleen + Kade = massive messy love triangle!

This where it got a bit to messy for me... let me give you a little info first. The 3 of them are hiding in a closet at a murdered woman's home, they hear someone coming... Kathleen starts to have a panic attack ( I mean why the hell not, perfect timing!)

 Blane and Kade we silently still, Kade at my back ad Blane in front. I strained my ears, hearing the faint sound of footsteps on the stairs, coming closer and passing by our hiding place.
"Take it easy," Kade breathed in my ear, his voice a bare whisper of sound. His hands settled on my hips. "Breathe." I closed my eyes - not that it made a difference in what I could see, it was so dark- and tired to concentrate on breathing. I felt Blane's fingers curl over mine as he took my hand. Only then did I realize that tremors shook my whole body. I was breathing too fast and too shallow. Hyperventilating.
 
Kade's arm curved around my stomach holding me tight. "Don't think about it." he whispered. "Think about something else. You know how many women would sacrifice a limb to be stuffed in a closet with two hot guys like me and Blane?"
 His words penetrated my haze and my lips trembled in a faint smile.
Blane had both my hands now, then took my arms and wrapped them around his waist, as though to ground me in the present. He rubbed my arms, gently and methodically moving up and down to my elbows. I rested my forehead against his chest and closed my eyes, breathing in and out.
Kade pressed his mouth to my bare shoulder the gentle and silent. His hands lay low across my abdomen and she held me. Blane's scent clung to his skin, leaching through the thing fabric of his T-shirt.
Fingers lifted my chin, turning my face upward and I felt the barest brush of Blane's lips in a kiss. His palm cupped my cheek, a thumb brushing my cheek bone as his mouth moved gently over mine. It was unexpected and I gasped in surprise. Blane took the opportunity to deepen the kiss, forcing my breaths to slow.
Kade's touch was war against my shoulder the slide of his tongue on my skind sending a shiver through me. His hand had crept under my tank, the heat of his palm like a brand.
Ok, so Blane goes to check and see if he can see who is there, leaving Kathleen and Kade in the closet...
Kade's lips drifted down my neck to where my pulse was pounding. "You should stop," I manage to say. "I don't want to," Kade murmured against my skin. "Blane kissed you. Now its my turn."
 
Now I am not a prude at all, but this was just so bothersome to me. Here we have these 3 amazing characters individually, but you put them together and you get this messiness. I GET IT, the book is about a love triangle! The previous books all let to this and we could see it coming. BUT, and it its a BIG BUT, it was so IN YOUR FACE that it got old, real quick for me.
The idea of a love triangle is to make the reader choose, and I know who I want her with, as I feel she (Kathleen) has chosen also. But this time around I was just not happy with the actions of Kathleen. I just didn't like the way she handled things. I am sure, I'm pretty much out on my own on this one, but I just didn't like the sloppiness of it.
I still do love this series, the drama and action are still really great and make the stories so nerve-wracking to read, and I LOVE THAT! I was just very unimpressed with the actions of our heroine this time around.
 
Yes, I will read the next book in the series, because I believe Kathleen with redeem herself for me... I am giving Out of Turn 4 clocks, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment in the Kathleen Turner Series.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment