Friday, October 18, 2013

Willing Captive by Belle Aurora....Review by Kathy







-Blurb-
Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years.
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job.
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met.
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity.
What lengths would she go through to keep them?


The book starts off with sisters Lily and Terah discussing sneaking out of their house. Their dad is very protective of his daughters. Seems he has a reason when they come up to rooms with masked men in them. Though she fights Lily is thrown over the shoulder of a humongous man and he runs out of the house with her. She has just been KIDNAPPED.

She is thrown into a van and taken to a different location. She is terrified. What is going to happen to her... Then she finds out that she was actually taken to save her life. Someone is out to kill her. Her dad is paying the obnoxious guy to protect her. She hates him. He is an asshole. Ok he is a cute asshole but still..They fight all the time...

 Nox sighs loudly before asking  that deep husky voice, "What is it, princess?"
 I know he says this in a way that's meant to be derogatory, but I don't care. If I tell him how much I like that he calls me that, he'll stop on principle.
And I can't have that. The only thing that stops me from going crazy in this safe house is my daily argument with Nox.
Nox isn't the best looking guy I've ever seen, so why does he have this stupid freaking hold on me?
 You know why.
I menatlly rip my hair out and shriek to high heaven.
 I do know why, dammit.
 He's like a fairy-tale hero for Christ's sakes. I know he's ordered to protect me and all, but he does such a great job of it. He makes it look effortless. He's all like "C'mon, pack your shit' and I'm all like 'No, I like it here' and he's all 'Not safe here, princess' and I'm all like 'Sigh. Okay.'
That's the basic conversation every freakin' time.
All he has to do is princess me and I'm tripping over my own feet. I don't know how he does it.
 So let's talk about Nox. He is the boss on this particular mission. they do not exist. Lily's dad is paying an obscene amount of money to have him protect her. He had originally turned down the job. Thought it would be too much trouble.....Yeah she was trouble all right...Nox is a badass. He knows he can protect her and he took her on the day that he received a contract to kill her. He will do anything to protect his princess....
 Rock and Boo are his friends and help him to keep her protected. They have her in a safe house. They are all getting close to each other. Becoming friends and more... But how much time in a safe house is too much? What happens if you let your guard down? Can you really fall in love and still protect someone?

 Okay, so that's an exaggeration, but I'm pissed right now. And with good reason.
 He looks from me to the package and says stonily, "What now?"
 Throwing the package onto the desk, I tell him,"They aren't the right ones."
 He scowls and picks it up to get a better look at it.He reads for a moment theb says, "Yes. They are."
 Unable to mask my look of disbelief, I ask sweetly, "And how would you know?"
 He looks up at me, throws the package towards me and says, "That's what it says it's for."
 I cross my arms across my chest, lean my hip on the desk and retort, "Well, it's not the right one. I would know. I'm the one who uses them."
 His shoulders slump and he sighs. Taking another look at me, he scowls again before picking up his handheld two-way radio and presses the button, causing a staic noise to sound. Someone at the other end says, "Vito"
 Nox continues to glare at me while he speaks into the radio,"She says they aren't the right ones."
 Vito doesn't answer for a moment before he responds, "Come again, boss?"
 Nox lowers his head, shaking iy and repeats through gritted teeth, "They aren't the right ones, Vito."
 Vito utters, "But it said on the pack-"
 Nox cuts him off with,"I know! I know what it said. She says no."
 Vito sighs, "What the fuck does she need, then?"
 Nox's eyes widen at me in an expression that shouts WELL?
 I snatch the radio out of his hands, press the button and almost shout, "Heavy flow! You know? For heavy flow, because I flow heavily during my menstruation cycle, because I'm a girl   and that's what we do. "He doesn't respond, so pressing the button again, I add, "Bleedin' for days here, Vito. I need comfort."
 Nox chuckles his deep sexy chuckle, and I throw the radio at him. Hard. He catches it without effort, smiling. I stomp out of his office muttering, "Freakin pussies."
 As I exit the room, I hear Nox buzz the radio again and ask Vito, "Got that?"
 Vito responds immediately, "Every gross detail."
 I hear Nox laugh from all the way down the hall.
 I won't ever tell him how much I love that sound.
I was totally surprised by the humor in this book. I knew it wasn't a dark romance but this was such a great surprise. Don't get me wrong there is very real raw emotion in the book. I admit I needed tissues on parts of the book. I love Nox. He is amazing. The ending of the book is just WOW. Couldn't have asked for a better ending, truly. I loved Lily. She was sweet,funny, fearless, and strong. I can only hope that everyone has the love that these two do. I give a HUGE 5 clocks to this book. Will be waiting for RAW to come out for more Lily and Nox.
 
Review by Kathy Lee Herbst

 

No comments:

Post a Comment