Sunday, October 20, 2013

Craving Constellations by Nicole Jacquelyn..review by Dawn



~Blurb~

How could someone make decision after decision attempting to get away from their past and somehow end up right back where they started? When Brenna decided to leave the only life she’d ever known, she swore she’d never go back. Now, five years later, she’s running from her clean-cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her… and the man she left behind. She left with a secret, and the truth will soon break her carefully constructed life wide open..
 
We are introduced to Brenna as she is making a decision that is going to change her life, not only hers, but everyone in her life. She ran away from the MC she was raised in to attend college, only coming home for visits every so often. On the last visit she meets Dragon and is taken by him instantly. Dragon has no idea who Brenna is and just does what comes naturally to him.
 
"Um, hey. Have we met?"
Christ. Her voice was sugar and spice and every fuckin' fantasy I'd ever had.
"Nope. I would've remembered that. You're fuckin' gorgeous." God, could I be more of an asshole?
"Ha. Thanks. You mind moving back a little? The hood of this car is still a little warm, and I'm burning my ass here." She blushed.
 
 
 
I really enjoyed the intensity of this story, and it was very intense. The story was full of angst and betrayal. There were layers upon layers of discoveries that I really didn't see coming. I really liked the "well, I didn't see that coming" aspect of it.
 
Now, what I didn't care for. The lack of depth, I know that is kind of confusing considering just said it was intense. I felt it just scratched the surface of most things. I LOVED Poet "Pop", and he was in the back ground so much, I just wanted so much more of him. I loved how his Irish accent would come out when he was pissed or excited.
 
I know there are more books coming in the series, so maybe that will help in adding depth to the characters. Grease and Casper, were really great and I wanted more of them. 
 
I even wanted more information on Tony, King of the assholes!!! I wanted to know why he was capable of doing the horrible things he did. Oh, and I wanted to read what went down when Pop found Tony... I mean we do know how it ended up, but I wanted the details. I am kinda weird like that.
 
All in all, I would give the intensity of this story a 4 but the lack of details is keeping me from giving the book as a whole a 4 clocks. So I am settled on giving it 3.5 clocks. I know many people loved this book and I agree its good, I am just hoping the books to follow answer some of my questions.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment