Sunday, October 13, 2013

Jagged by Kristen Ashley...Review by Dawn







~blurb~

 
An old flame rekindled . . . Zara Cinders always knew Ham Reece was the one, but he wasn't interested in settling down. When she found someone who was, Ham walked out of her life. Three years later, Zara's lost her business, her marriage, and she's barely getting by in a tiny apartment on the wrong side of the tracks. As soon as Ham hears about Zara's plight, he's on her doorstep offering her a lifeline. Now, it will take every ounce of will power she possesses to resist all that he offers. Ham was always a traveling man, never one to settle down in one town, with one woman, for more time than absolutely necessary. But Ham's faced his own demons, and he's learned a lot. About himself, and about the life he knows he's meant to live. So when he hears that Zara's having a rough time, he wants to be the one to help. In fact, he wants to do more than that for Zara. A lot more. But first, he must prove to Zara that he's a changed man.



**We first met Graham Reece in KA's first book of the 'Burg Series, when he was attacked by an hatchet wielding, crazy psychopath. You will NOT be lost if you didn't read it. I just want to state that first.**

We meet Zara 3 years after she has told Graham "Ham" Reece that she was moving on. She has ended her marriage and her life is falling apart, when she hears the news report of Graham's attack. Calling him, and hearing his voice is all it takes for every memory of the time they spent together to come rushing back and making her heart ache, knowing he is the only man she has ever truly loved. Graham show up on her door step the next day and well, things don't go as planned....at all.
Graham is KA's typical  HOT alpha male, and I am so happy she keeps giving us these amazing men. Zara is no slouch either, having a horrific childhood could have easily turned her into a bitter person, but she isn't, I found her to be lovely, but she is one tough "cookie"...

"You didn't find a good man, babe. You settled."
God, when had he become so stubborn? I was already angry but I was getting angrier.
"Ham, this is none of your business." Ham ignored me. "I know this because no man who's a good man cleans out his wife like this fucked-up shit." He uses an arm to indicate the space and turned back to me. "We're talkin' about this."
"I also told you , he fucks you over, he did you wrong, you call me. You did not call me Zara."
What the hell? "Are you serious?" I whispered.
"Fuck yeah, I'm serious," he shot back.
"Rethink that answer, Ham," I returned.
"No, babe you think back to that shit your parents pulled, how that shit meant you landed in my bed and I kept you there and took your back through that nightmare."
Again, memory lane, but this time, not such good memories.
"That was more than eight years ago, Ham."
"Yeah it was. And my point is, over eight years, I've always been there for you."
"Only when you weren't gone."
His face turned to stone. "Bullshit, Zara and you know it."
 
I LOVED, the intense volatile relationship they had. He was brutally honest and she would call him on his crap at the first chance. I was laughing and finding myself saying " OH, NO HE DIDN'T!"  I did this throughout the whole book, there are so many great scenes that I am forcing myself to stop... I swear if I could, I would tell you every damn detail!!!
 
This is such a great addition to the Colorado Mountain Series. I loved that some of our favorites come aback! Seriously, who doesn't love them some Nina Maxwell? She is in kickass form and I loved visiting her again. Cotton, just makes my heart happy.  I am not going to tell you everyone who makes an appearance, because I want you to experience the reunion for yourself.
 
Jagged, was for me an emotional story, the twists and turns had my heart breaking, I was excited and I swear when Ham said "Bury him. You can land his ass in jail, do it. I want him fucked up, Nina. I want fuckin' blood." I had to stop reading to have a little "squee" moment!!!!  I can honestly say, KA's books are some of the very few that get me this invested.
 
 I haven't even gotten to the steamy parts.... WE ARE NOT LET DOWN!!! I really didn't know if I could love another one of her Mountain Men more than Tate, wait, Ty...no, Max, ah hell, its to hard not to fall for Graham Recce...
 
I highly recommend this book and give it a GLOWING 5 clocks, happily and lovingly!
 
 
Review based on ARC







No comments:

Post a Comment