Monday, July 7, 2014

Unchain My Heart (Scorpio Stinger MC #2) by Jani Kay.....Review by Dawn




The Princess & The Biker 

Their Two Worlds Collided in Book 1, but the modern day Romeo & his Juliet keep fighting to be together as their families persist in trying to tear them apart. 
Can their love survive the loss they suffer and the choices they must make? 

The Beauty & The Beast 

Eva has never known a man so lost, so broken, yet so cocky. Harrison can unravel her with a mere look, set her heart beating with a touch, make her wanton with his words. 
He demands her submission. She is willing to give him her body. 
But her heart? 
No way. 
He’s hard, cold and distant. Set on revenge. 

Harrison has never wanted anything this much. It destroys his plans of living for his career only. No ties, no tomorrows. Add his dark past and uncontrollable desire for revenge and he’s one messed up dude. 
But Eva? 
Is she the beauty who can tame the beast? 
Is she the one who can Unchain His Heart? 


Unchain My Heart starts where Two Worlds Colliding ended. It continues Ryder & Jade's story and starts Harrison & Eva's story. 



Ok, let me start with this, I personally did not think this book was so much about Harrison and Eva. I mean they are in it a lot but, to me .. This was Ryder and Jade's continuation,  which has me thrilled! I did read via Jani's page ,that basically all the books left in the series are going to all intertwine. Which makes this blogger happy! I feel like there is so much more to tell! 

I am going to start with a few things that bothered me ....
Everyone is connected to Ryder/Jade is some way shape or form...sister,brothers and cousins. AND NONE OF THEM KNOW IT.... his sister, her brother are lusting after one another and have no idea of the connection... Jade's cousin is working for Ryder's Brother... and they don't find out for a while... Eventually, everyone is aware of all the connections .. but it was a bit much for me.

And, we get it.. Ryder likes to have sex... asked and answered.. GOT IT!!! 

Now, on to the story....
Everyone is against Ryder and Jade.. His MC, her parents, her brother basically their whole world. But they both refuse to give in .. they are fighting for their love and will stop at nothing to be with each other...

Ryder:
"I closed my eyes. This was turning into a fucking nightmare. I clenched my jaw, rubbing my temples. I knew one thing and one thing only: nothing and no one on this goddamn planet would make me give up Jade.
It was not negotiable. Not in a million years. I want Jade, and I'd die before I let her go.
Was I fucking Romeo? Did I have to go to that length to prove my love for my woman? I had to get Harrison fucking Summers off the club's back. How I'd achieve that, I had no idea.
Being with Jade was never going to be easy. 
I'd known that from day one. I just never imagined that our brothers would be the ones to stand in our way."


I was thrilled with the back story of Jade. We find out she has something wrong with her and that is the reason Harrison, is damn determined to keep her safe. I get the big brother over baring type, but lord I want to just knock the crap out of HIM... He is the most frustrating character... which is great writing.

Ryder, get's to know his sister Eva. I though for sure she was going to be this gigantic bitch to him.. I was thrilled when she turns out to be such a lovely addition to this long list of amazing characters.

Harrison Summers, ugh... you want to feel bad for him because of the loss he suffered a long time ago. But he makes it so hard because he is such a pain in the ass! He is hell bent on bringing down the MC and Ryder is #1 on his hit list! He really loses his mind when he finds out that Jade has been keeping secrets! Tragedy strikes and Harrison and Ryder are ready to rip each other limb from limb. Hell, I wanted to get a shot at him... That is great writing. 
 I wanted one, just one redeeming quality to come out of Harrison...I waited... I waited... FINALLY, he proves that he just may have a soul that is worth saving.  
I will say.. I find Jade's lack of anger towards Harrison is very frustrating for me... He would be feeling my wrath like no one's business! 

I did love the Jade's crazy ex Marcus... Talk about throwing us all for a loop! And Eva's ex is a Senator... this is going to get so very interesting!!!!!!!!!

I think for me this story was about Ryder's growth. He realizes that he may have to walk away from everything he has ever known, from people that took him in and made his life even possible. Jade is his life now and he has to make sure her needs are met first... can he sacrifice his loyalty to the club to honor his commitment to Jade?  

I am super curious to see where this series goes... I am stoked for the next books to come out. So many unanswered questions,NOT a cliffy.. but stories left to be told.

I am giving Unchain My Heart 4 Happy clocks!!! can't wait for the next books










No comments:

Post a Comment