Friday, July 25, 2014

Rogue by Katy Evans..... review by Dawn





Greyson King...

My boyfriend. My friend. My protector. He's the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face, and the reason I fall asleep limp, worn out, and aching for his warm arms around me. When we make love, he says my name like it means something. Like I mean something.
He
Lied.
His name is Greyson King, but his alias is Zero.
There's zero trace of him, he has zero past, and now I know that with him, I will have zero future.
He may leave no trace of him anywhere, but his imprint is in me, in my very soul--and I hate that a mere look at him commands the beat of my heart. The temperature of my body.
I've looked for love my entire life. I've waited for the butterflies, the rainbows...
Instead I'm in a free fall of emotions and there's no one to catch me but the one man I should be running away from. The one man I thought was my prince charming.
Except this prince charming went rogue.
Greyson will stop at nothing to make me be with him. He'll let no one stand in our way, will allow no one to threaten me, and maybe this is what scares me most of all...
What will my rogue do to keep me?





First off let me just say... There is a new Book Boyfriend on the horizon! Greyson "Zero" King! Super Hot, Alpha and dangerous!  All the things we love about our leading men.
Rogue is book 4 in the Real Series by Katy Evans... and people it does NOT disappoint. Let's just all keep in mind this is NOT Remy and that makes this book and writer even more impressive to me. She has come up with some of the greatest leading men!

Melanie, we know is Brooke's best friend. She is always shining bright, with her 3 color rule when getting dressed,  to her  looking for the best in every situation. She is seemingly happy to everyone around her. No one would know she is in deep debt and even deeper trouble. Never wanting to be a burden to her family or friends, Melanie is determined  to fix this problem all on her own, even if it means selling the things she holds closest to her heart. 

Greyson aka, Zero, watches her, he has for months. He knows how much trouble she is in, he knows the debt she owes, he knows that she is hiding it from those who love her most. He also knows she is a name on his list.  A list his dangerous father has tasked him to clear. Clear it and he will be rewarded with something he has wanted for most of his life. 
But can Greyson go through with this task ? What cost will it take on his life as well as Melanie's?

These two are explosive! The chemistry is off the charts. This is Katy Evans doing what she does best... giving us these intense leading men and strong leading ladies. I really didn't think it could get better than Remy, but I will happily say...Greyson King, is my new Remy without the mental health issues. To me Greyson, is a good guy deep in his heart. I know he is a badass and has to be to get what he needs from his father, but his heart is in the right place. And this is a man who does not take NO for an answer. I LOVE that about him. He is in Mel's  face and all over her body!

The burden Mel carries, is not only her debt, but also the loss of her sister. She is trying to live up to everyone's expectations. But are these really other's expectations or self imposed issues she has created in her own mind?  

I really loved this story. This is where Mrs. Evans excels. She can write a troubled, alpha man, with a heart of gold, like nobody's business!! Its the perfect blend of making you love and question if you even like Greyson. But trust me, you do... His protective nature really is endearing and it makes him perfect for Melanie. 

We do get a visit from the "Real Gang" ...  They are not "forefront" in the whole story,which worked for me really well. Although, Pandora is in the story quite often, it works... and makes me super excited for Ripped ( Book 5 Pandora's story.) 



Rogue by Katy Evans, gets a BIG 5 Clocks from me! 
  
















No comments:

Post a Comment