Sunday, July 13, 2014

Craving Absolution by Nicole Jacquelyn... Review by Dawn




SYNOPSIS
Farrah Miller and Cody “Casper” Butler have a longstanding relationship that both refuse to discuss.
It isn’t romantic.
It may not even be classified as a friendship.
Casper’s been saving Farrah from herself for longer than he’d care to admit, watching silently as she drowned herself in alcohol. Then, when she finally got her act together, he left. He told himself he was giving her time to sort herself out. He tried to give her space.
But getting shot in the chest can change a man’s perspective, and Casper’s done waiting.
When he shows up on her doorstep one night, everything changes.
He’s the man who’s seen her at her very worst.
She’s his weakness.
He runs when things get hard.
She never lets anyone see below the surface and is terrified of being abandoned.
He knows it’s a long shot, that there’s a good chance she’ll never drop her guard for him—but he has to try. Because a life with Farrah is exactly what he wants—even if he has to fight her for it
.

There are a few authors out there who are able to write a completely satisfying MC book for me. I mean the perfect amount of drama, love, alpha men, old ladies and fun.
When one is writing a MC series, this has to be incredibly difficult. The drama, violence and skank factors could easily cross the line of "TOO MUCH".... 
Craving Absolution is pretty damn near perfect for me. I read this book in one setting. Starting it at 8pm and finishing at 2:45am... I could simply, NOT put it down.

 Beautifully written... breathtakingly amazing story! I was worried, happy, sad, mad, yelling at Slider, pulling for Farrah and sometimes loving and hating Cody "Casper" Butler in the matter of a few sentences.
Farrah "Ladybug" Miller is a mess... we know this from the previous books in the series. I almost didn't like her.
But once we get to know her and know what makes her tick, ahhh... I so get it now! She has suffered so much in her life, that being numb and controlling every situation in her life, helps her live day to day. She has her walls and guards up at all times. She never lets anyone see her without her mask and uniform on. Make-up, perfect hair and dressed in her favorite vintage clothes, make it possible for Farrah to face the world. She is alone, the only family she has is her best friend and her best friends grandmother.... and Cody.

Cody "Casper"Butler... We loved him in Craving Redemption and now ... I just love him even more!!! 
He had decided, enough is enough...Farrah is his and he was going to steak his claim, even if she was not having it!!!
We see him at his best and his worst. He is compassionate and understanding when it comes to Farrah's past issues. Cody wants to make her happy, but can you force someone to face their demons and come out on the other side?

"Nobody will ever take care of you as good as I do. No one will ever fuck you as good as I do. I'm in it for you, Ladybug. Now, scream my name so I know you heard me."


Cody is torn, his club or his woman? Farrah is not exactly a fan of the Ace's. Her absentee father is the club Prez and he is full of secrets that come to light and ROCK her world. Sending her away to live with Cody's Aunt Lily (whom, I LOVE!) and Gram (who I LOVE even more!)

This story has an amazing flow, we see Farrah grow and overcome the tragedies of her past... Only to see Cody, slip into a dark place and Farrah brings him back. It was just so perfectly written. I actually can not formulate into words what I want to say, THAT'S HOW GOOD IT IS! 

Farrah, could be my favorite character in this entire series... Her strength in the face of danger and people ...IT'S A FREAKING WHOPPER, THAT I DID NOT SEE COMING!!!!!! It was written perfectly. She gets control of the situation and doesn't fall apart. Normally a crippling panic attack would have her on the floor... But keeping it at bay, she saves 3 lives! And inadvertently changes 2, hers and Cam's.... OH, I am not going into Cam, that is a young man you have to meet to understand their connection!!! 

 In the end we see, reconciliation between father and daughter and it is a beautiful thing. A new relationship between, Vera and Farrah based in respect for past events... We get to see Farrah and Cody come together, fall in love, face trials and tribulations, only to overcome and prove Love is worth fighting for.,. Even if you are fighting yourself. 

I LOVE this book so hard! I can not recommend it enough!!! Absolutely, one of my Best Reads of the year! Nicole Jacquelyn, girl you rocked this book and I am a BIG FAN!!!!! 
5 AMAZING CLOCKS FOR CRAVING ABSOLUTION!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment