Monday, February 3, 2014

Ruined; An Ethan Frost Novel by Tracy Wolff....Reviewed by Dawn






~blurb~
~He’s the last man Chloe Girard should love . . . but the first she ever could.

Ethan Frost is a visionary, a genius, every woman’s deepest, darkest fantasy—even mine. And, somehow, I am his.
He stole into my life like a dream. Turned my reality upside down and made my every desire come true—especially those I never knew I had. He demanded everything I had to give and gave me everything of himself in return.
But dreams don’t last forever, and ours is no exception. Because my nightmares are darker, and my wounds deeper, than I could ever reveal. And as much as Ethan wants to protect me, the secrets we share will only tear us apart.



If I knew (which I should have) that this was a series, I would have waited. Why you ask? Because its so freaking good! If you are not into cliffhangers then WAIT, because we are left with a BIG one! Fear not, book 2 Addicted comes out in June. But back to Ruined.... 

Chloe, is a sweet good girl, she does well in college, she makes sure all the rules have been followed and things are done exactly the way they should be..OCD? Yes! and she is fine with it. But Chloe also has secrets and they are deep and dark. Secrets that hold her back and paralyze her with fear. 

Ethan Frost is the CEO of Frost Industries and every woman's dream man. Rich, powerful, good looking, he cares for the environment, veterans and pretty much any worthy cause he can get behind. And Ethan has taken notice of Chloe. Would his interest lead to something wonderful or something that could destroy the very foundation he wants to build with Chloe?

I was taken with this story from the very beginning. I was laughing, excited and a bit perplexed, all the things that make a great story for me! I absolutely loved the way Ms. Wolff, made these character come to life. I was invested in what they had to say and the repercussions of what was said. I mean, how can you write about the importance of a blender and it makes perfect since? Ethan wants her and makes it clear from the start, but Chloe is dead set against it...work, that is her main objective. This internship means the world to her,so she can help her brother get out from under their ruthless father. Ethan is not giving up, he is making it clear to Chloe, as well as everyone else and its working.  

Trust is hard for Chloe, she doesn't give it freely. Even to her best friend/room mate Tori, whom by the way is a freaking riot! So when Chloe, decides she trusts Ethan enough to share her secret with him, that is it for her. She is in love... 
One business trip is all it takes for everything to come crashing down. Confused and utterly stunned she sets out to get answers. But what if the answers change everything? What if you are looking into the face of a monster, can you ever move past it?..... 

The only thing I can say that bothered me and I mean it was minimal, was Chloe's inner monologue. She did this a lot, sometimes it worked for me and sometime it just seemed to go on a bit.


I was absolutely Ruined by Ruined...and now to wait ... I do NOT do that well... 


I am giving Ruined by Tracy Wolff 5 glorious clocks! 


*review based on NetGalley ARC *




















No comments:

Post a Comment