Thursday, February 6, 2014

Marata Eros The Darkest Joy..... reviewed by Dawn








~BLURB~
“I don’t want my broken fixed. . . .” 


Six months ago, Brooke Starr was one impeccable piano performance away from Juilliard. Now, she is lonely, devastated, orphaned . . . seeking solace in a place where the sun never sets and trying to make sense of the dark tragedy that clouds her shattered heart. 

There are no coincidences. . . . 

Deep-sea fisherman Chance Taylor can’t imagine what his life would be if he’d never taken that midnight stroll to the pier. Had never seen the intriguing, raven-haired girl swan dive into the Alaskan sea. Had never plunged into the icy waters to rescue her . . . and finally felt her electric charge. 

As their blazing chemistry consumes them, Chance is determined to save Brooke from her demons. But Brooke knows she must find her own footing. She thinks she’s already lost everything—until the terror of her past catches up with her and threatens all that she has left: her life, her love, and the freedom to choose between drowning in grief and finding joy in the darkness.


I was so excited to read this...Just from the blurb, I was taken in and the story was just amazing. From the very beginning I was grabbed and thrown into this emotional, gripping story. 

Brook Elizabeth Starr is one outstanding leading lady. The care taken in writing her emotional struggle is just beautiful. I could actually feel my heart becoming heavy when she decided that she could take no more and dives off the pier. The weight of her tragedy is taking every ounce of joy she has ever felt and being happy for just one day consumes her with guilt.

Chance Taylor, local player who has ever had only one true love...the sea. He is not one to be interested in someone for more than a night. Women want attention and are needy and Chance will let nothing come between him and his time on his boat at sea. He just happens to be at the right place at the right time and takes a leap into the Alaskan sea to save a beautiful stranger. 
An undeniable chemistry exists between Brooke and Chance, one that can not be denied. They both feel it, but both want to deny it...until they just can't any longer. 

From her landing a fishing job via email, her "hippy" VW van bought sight unseen. To the budding friendships she makes, Brooke is doing everything she can to forget. But once she gets to the cabin her aunt left her and finding a secret doorway...it leads Brooke back to the piano, something she forced herself to give up, because playing took her back to happier times. 

Brooke and Chance, take a chance (I know..) with each other that leads to Brooke feeling again and wondering if she has a right to be happy. Chance for the first time in his life is finding happiness off the water. Their chemistry heats up and its explosive! HOTT...
Will the tenderness Chance shows Brooke bring her back from the edge of feeling lost, lonely and sad? 

The past has a funny way of coming back to haunt you even when you are in Homer, Alaska. The FBI are determined to protect Brooke, even if she NEVER calls them back or heeds warnings! It made me crazy! I was yelling at my Kindle, "good god girl, call him back." I guess I can see where she was coming from, trying to move on, but damn... Hello! Sorry I don't want to give it away ... so frustrating not to be able to tell you.

I did NOT see the ending happening the way it did and that made me so happy. I love it when I am sure I have it all figured out, only to be proven wrong... way wrong. 


The Darkest Joy is a standalone and one that I just loved! 
5 enthusiastic clocks for 
Marata Eros, on a beautiful story about, being strong enough to overcome loss, tragedy and coming out on the other side.

review based on ARC .







  








No comments:

Post a Comment