Sunday, February 23, 2014

Craving Redemption by Nicole Jacquelyn .... review by Dawn




~Blurb~
Asa and Callie had nothing in common. He was an Ace, raised in the club and loyal to it above all else. She was a high school student with braces on her teeth and a narrow view of the world.
They should have never crossed paths.
But when Callie decides to defy her parents, and Asa goes on an errand for the club, their lives collide. He saves her, and she mesmerizes him.



They part believing they’ll never see each other again.

Neither could have predicted the chain of events they’d put in motion.



Now the two have to navigate the dark waters of a relationship built on tragedy and need without drowning in guilt for things outside their control.



How do you love someone when the worst decision of your life was the reason you met them?


Let me start with this... Craving Redemption is (I am sitting here trying not to cuss) so amazingly FAN-FLIPPING-TASTIC!!!!!!! 
I was a bit tough on CC, just because I wanted more details! OMG, I loved CR! OK, with all this said here is why...

The prologue had me dying, there is no waiting, it just jumps right in and goes right for what gets me excited about reading. Instant drama!!! No reading for what seems like 5 chapters to get to the "good shit." It picks up where Cody aka, Casper has been shot in CC. Callie is his older sister and Asa's "Grease" lost love. She is on a mission, get Cody away from the Aces, but seeing Asa throws her into a bitch fit of epic proportions.

Then the absolutely most fantastic thing happens, we go back 5 years, back to their first meeting, Callie was 16 and Asa was 20. Events unfold that literally has her clinging to him, begging him to save her. He takes one look at her and feels something deep within him, he has to save her. Making the decision that would haunt them for a very long time. 

Loving Asa was the easy part, learning to live with his MC life was going to make or break them. Was Callie strong enough to deal with everything that came with loving a man who was living hours away and put his club first? 

I am admit on not giving any spoilers so I am not going to say a lot about the story. I know, I would hate me to! But it is so worth the read. Time just passed, I started it yesterday, woke up a few times during the night to read more...waking at 5 am to dive back in! I finished it at 8 am this morning, and had to rush in an write a review (that will NOT do it justice) to get the word out.

Nicole Jacquelyn, I am so super impressed with this being her second book!  They way she told the story flowed effortlessly. I didn't feel like anything was left out. The characters were easy to understand and the depth she went into with each one was spot on perfect. 
I have to say my favorite was Grandma "Gram" Rose. She was tough and sweet and told it exactly like it is! She was the glue to all of these fantastic characters. Callie, Asa, Cody and Farrah. I really freaking loved her! 
Events happen that land Callie in the hospital pretty much having a mental breakdown and Gram has had enough... this is one of my favorite exchanges that takes place between Gram and the Psychologist; 

" You've been doing it your way for three weeks and this shit isn't helping," Gram thundered. "I don't give a shit what you think I'm going to do this my way and if you've got a problem, I'll just take my granddaughter home with me!" The pretty-haired psychologist murmured something soothingly that I couldn't hear.
"Oh fuck you and your fancy degree!' Gram shouted. "I know her! I've wiped her ass and bandaged her cuts. I'll do what I think's best!"

That had me in tears. My own Grandma was very similar, you did not mess with Eleanor or her family... I loved that it made that connection with me.  

I really can not tell you everything I want to, because it would spoil a fantastic story that you all MUST read.  Cody's "Casper" story is next and I am sitting here for once, thanking whoever it may be that I get a break. I am emotionally spent, in the best way possible.

I am giving Craving Redemption, 5 glorious clocks!
review based on ARC copy.








No comments:

Post a Comment