Thursday, August 8, 2013

UnBeautifully by Madeline Sheehan



 
Blurb for UnBeautifully
Warning: This is not a story about fate or destiny. This is a story about pain, sorrow, and suffering. This is an impulsive whirlwind romance between two lovers that are not meant to be together. Theirs is not a world with sunshine and roses. Instead, their love blossoms in a secret world full of crime, violence, and death. Their story is about what can be born from nightmares. Danielle “Danny” West is the daughter of Deuce West, President of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. A sweet and beautiful girl, she loses her way, searching for things that are always out of her reach. Erik “Ripper” Jacobs is the Sergeant of Arms in the Hell’s Horsemen. Once a man who always had a smile on his face, his life takes a turn for the worst when a tragedy befalls him, leaving him scarred and broken. During a midsummer night, Danny and Ripper’s paths cross, forever changing their lives. Hastily, their lust turns to love until another tragedy forces them apart. On a journey that is marred with ugliness and chaos, Danny and Ripper must discover if their unforeseen connection can find the beauty in their world. This is Danny and Ripper’s story. Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly. Because without ugly, there would be no beauty.
 
Can there be a perfectly written book? How about two perfectly written books from the same author? I am OBESESSED with this series by Madeline Sheehan...                                                      

I read the first book Undeniable
 months ago before I started blogging. It is just amazing! You HAVE to read this before UnBeautifully or you will be literally lost. I was completely drained from the emotional ride I was taken on in BOTH books. I swear this author had to have lived with men like these to be able to write these characters so perfect. I almost feel like I am about to babble because I am at a loss of ways to describe the brilliance of this series. 
 
 Ok back on track, I think the genius of this series is Ms. Sheehan makes these people just twisted enough to make us wonder if there are ANY redeeming qualities in them. But also intense, loving and fiercely loyal, making us LOVE them!
The way Danny and Ripper's story was told had me trying to read faster, just so I could get to the next page to see what happened. I tend to listen to classical music when I read to drowned out noise in the car or the television at the house. I couldn't even have that distraction! I NEEDED absolute SILENCE! I was vested in these characters and wanted to make sure I was absorbing every detail.
Ripper's story just gripped me right from the get go, UGH it's so hard to talk about without giving away too much. The honesty of how he felt when tragedy struck him was written beautifully. Oh and Danny looking beyond his scars, made my heart just melt. A perfect blend of passion, drama and overcoming horrible situations. One of the most important parts of the book for me was the fact that this story involved Deuce and Eva's unwritten struggle. I felt the insight we were given into what happened after Frankie was handled flawlessly. I almost felt like I was getting two books in one.
 OH, OH, OH the set up for the next book has me foaming at the mouth... Seriously I am recommending this series to anyone who will listen... GET ON IT SON!!!!!
Up next in the series, Unattainable
 
 
           

                                              
Check out these fan made Youtube links ...so good
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment