Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fading by E.K. Blair






Blurb

 
 
Fine arts major, Candace Parker, grew up with a mother who thinks image is everything, and her daughter’s perfection will never be good enough. About to graduate college and pursue her dreams of becoming a professional ballerina, Candace decides it’s time to let go and have a little fun. But fun is short-lived when a brutal attack leaves her completely shattered. The memories that consume and torment Candace are starting to destroy her when she meets Ryan Campbell, a successful bar owner. He feels instantly connected and tries to show her that hope is worth fighting for. But is Ryan harboring his own demons? As walls slowly begin to chip away, the secrets that are held within start to become painful burdens. At what point do secrets become lies?

What an emotional read! Raw, heartbreaking, painful and then just when you think you have gotten into something that may not have a silver lining, we start to get hopeful almost happy and then....BAMM, something else happens!!! I loved that about this book.

The author I believe handled a this very serious subject beautifully. It was at times almost too much to take, which when writing about such a horrendous attack I assume that was the purpose of the author.
 
  EK Blair described in detail how Candace was feeling, the trauma associated with being attacked. How doing the right thing and knowing you should, can sometimes be harder than the actual attack. Also,  how friendships were hurt, bonds were made and meeting new people may not be quite as scary as she once thought. I also did appreciate how spot on she was with her descriptions of the dance aspects in the book. I also thought it was brilliant how we were introduced to Ryan. I liked the way he didn't push things, starting with friendship and seeing where it would go from there.
I HATED Candace's mother, so great job writing the prefect BITCH OF A MOM!!! Her father wasn't much better. I do have an issue that they just "went away". I mean I know the gauntlet was thrown so to speak, but I just hated that we didn't get the final show down between Candace and her mother. I think it would have been EPIC.
I also really wanted legal action taken. I was bothered by the fact that he was just GONE...I mean it would have been a much longer book if we had a long legal battle. I just thought with her parents attitude and Jack being from money, it would have worked. Hey, what do I know, I make NOOOO claim to be a writer (as I am sure you can tell).

I would recommend this book to friends and followers. I did enjoy the read, just wanted it little bit more in-depth.
 
I am giving Fading, 3 Clocks




No comments:

Post a Comment