Friday, August 30, 2013

Revealing Us by Lisa Renee Jones

                          Revealing Us by Lisa Renee Jones

 
 
Blurb
 
You've discovered Rebecca's secrets. You've discovered Sara's secrets. Now Sara will discover "his" deepest, darkest secrets...but will those secrets bind them together--or tear them apart?
 
 
 
First off let me say, I was really hard on the last installment of the Inside Out Trilogy, Being Me. I will be the first to admit that I am not a fan of reading all the journals, so I didn't . I still do not feel like I am missing anything. Now onto Revealing Us.
 
We are picking up right where Being me left off with the cliffhanger, does Sara go to Paris or not?
I don't feel like I am giving anything away when I say she does.. I mean how could there be Revealing Us if she didn't ?
 
I was sooooooo happy with this book! Finally we get to see the actual relationship between Sara and Chris. I felt that was lacking in the previous book. We get more of a love story and I think this was the exact direction Miss. Jones needed to go.
 
I really enjoyed the ease of this book, it flowed very nicely, even with Rebecca's journal entries making appearances. Even when we were introduced to new characters they didn't make it confusing. There were a few different interwoven stories going on, but the stories were not drawn
out... all except the missing ELLA! Which I am happy to say makes me excited for the next book.
 
Sara is picking up on Chris's moods and takes his feeling into account when making rash decisions this time around and trying to make it work. Chris is still annoyingly worried about Sara's safety constantly and that gets on her nerves... mine too. But there is much more give and take and togetherness in this book. Chris opens up and promises to share the last secret he has with Sara. Which really, to me wasn't that  HUGE of a secret, I was kind of disappointed by the lack of "WTF?"  I thought I was going to get. But it was closure for him and that was really smart on the authors part.
 
Sara, gets the MOST IMPROVED Character award from me! She didn't annoy me at all in this book. I hated her in the last one!  She has a back bone and is more independent, well as much as Chris will let her be. She meets a few people from Chris's past and makes sure they know she is the woman in his life and is going nowhere! I really liked Chantal, Sara's French teacher... she cracked me up! 
The story ends with the perfect set up for figuring out what happened to Ella, as well as Chris and Sara. now that secrets have been revealed and important questions asked!
 
I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.....
I received Revealing Us as an ARC
 
I am giving Revealing Us, by Lisa Renee Jones
3.5 clocks

No comments:

Post a Comment