Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Dirty Irish by Magan Vernon........ Review by Dawn



My life has revolved around the two things I've always loved: whiskey and rugby. Now the marriage clause in my Da's will has me putting both on the back burner if I want to save the Murphy's Pub empire and find a wife.As the last brother to get married, I need a little help, and that's where my sister-in-law's American best friend, Leah, comes into the picture. She could use a little Irish luck after the deceitful things her ex did to her that brought her to Ireland. With her take-no-shite-attitude, she's just the type of girl to help me find a wife .That is, if I can remember she’s the matchmaker and not the match.
Each book in the Murphy Brothers series is STANDALONE:
* Straight Up Irish
* Irish on the Rocks
* Dirty Irish



I struggled with this book in the beginning. It was not bad it was just a little slow to get going for me. BUT that all change at about 30% in.  I loved Sean’s bluntness and his no holds barred attitude. Leah, is in Ireland to help heal form a bad break up and a massive business flop. She is living with her bestie Fallon, who happens to be Sean’s sister-in-law. Sean has always thought Leah, was very attractive and different than all the other “bird’s he bags. This time he has to find one that he can marry as per the terms of his fathers will. 

Leah, gives Sean so much attitude and he finds it so refreshing that she isn’t falling over herself to get noticed by the star rugby player, like everyone else. He needs a wife and since Leah has no interest in being that wife, she agrees to find one for him.  Taking on the job of being Sean’s assistant, Leah is thriving, she loves the business side of his responsibilities, the wife hunting, not so much. 
They are hilarious and the banter between the entire group is such a fun read. Jack, Connor, Grace and Fallon make this ensemble a real treat. The brothers give Sean, a hard time and it is so fun. 
When Sean and Leah, attend the wedding of one of the brothers, lets just say a one nighter, has lasting results. 
The drama that ensues from the one night of weakness, provides the drama this book needed.  
I enjoyed this book and quickly forgot about the slow start.  The way the book ends is really great and the epilogue was amazing.

4 Clocks for 
Dirty Irish 
by
Magan Vernon 


Book Provided by NetGalley
based on honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment