Tuesday, June 11, 2019

28 Dates by Stacey Lynn...... Review by Dawn





Caitlin Pappas is a lifelong commitment-phobe. The closest thing she’s had to a relationship in the last few years was a friends-with-benefits thing that fizzled out because the guy wanted more. So when she and her best friend design a new app that promises to find “the one” in 28 Dates, Caitlin is the perfect guinea pig. Little does she know that she may have already met her match. . . .

Jonas Reeves has tried his best to move on after Caitlin didn’t want take things to the next level. Now they really are just friends . . . without benefits. Caitlin’s even a regular at his bar, The Dirty Martini. But when he learns that Caitlin plans to beta-test a new dating app on his home turf, Jonas senses a golden opportunity to win her heart. Even if he has to slide into her DMs to do it. . . .




This is a fun quick “Second chance romance or friends to lovers” read. 
I loved Knocked Up and was looking forward to this one so much. I felt this was a little predictable. I knew Jonas was going to try and get to know Caitlin, via the dating app.  I expecting more drama to come from their initial “break up.’ I get it, it was a friends with benefits type of deal, but it ended way too  pretty. There were feelings and that made Caitlin, flee and made Jonas, trying to move on.. But when he does Caitlin, decides “hey, I kinda miss him and wow he wasn’t so bad.” That sort of didn’t sit well with me and I have no hard limits when reading. Jonas, knows he can only ever love Caitlin, so breaking up with his girlfriend can no longer be avoided. Caitlin, is unaware of the break up and keeps longing from afar. 
I did enjoy the Idea of finding love or boyfriend material with the 28 dates app. It was an original plot that I have not read yet. I really enjoyed Caitlin ‘s relationship with her guy friends. 
After overcoming trust issues and her fear of love, Caitlin, realizes that in fact that Jonas is the right guy for her. 
This was a quick pleasing read. Just a little too predictable and lacking excitement , for my taste. 


3.5 Clocks for
28 Dates
by
Stacey Lynn
Review based on book provided by
NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment