Wednesday, May 8, 2019

That Second Chance: A Getting Lucky Novel by Meghan Quinn........ Review by Dawn




That Second Chance (Getting Lucky Book 1) by [Quinn, Meghan]
It was supposed to be an innocent night, celebrating my brother’s birthday. Nothing was supposed to go wrong. We’d vowed to be on our best behavior after all . . .
But it only took one rowdy night with my brothers to flip my world upside down. One unlucky encounter saddled us with a family curse and the promise of doomed relationships. I laughed it off immediately. “Yeah, right,” I thought. “A love curse. Ha!”
Boy, was I wrong.
Word spreads quickly in a town like mine; rumors about that night soon made us the most eligible yet untouchable bachelors in Port Snow, Maine. As a subject of endless gossip and speculation, I could kiss my dating life goodbye.
It would have stayed that way if Ren Winters, the new girl in town, hadn’t crashed into my life. Brave, beautiful, and smart—her vivacious thirst for a fresh start has given me hope that maybe, just maybe, I can have one too.
Everyone wishes for that second chance . . . but could this really be mine?





Dawn's Review

I am a fan of Meghan Quinn, but what I absolutely loved was the dedication to her parents in this book. 
When Ren Winters, arrives in Port Snow, Maine... she really makes an entrance!  Leaving a life behind in LA, Ren , is determined to start a new chapter across the country. She is an only child to her over baring , to put it mildly parents. Knowing that she needs to establish boundaries, she accepts a job in the small town as the new Algebra teacher. 
Being a hero was not exactly how he would describe himself but Griffin Knightly is a hero in the small town he has lived his entire life. Taking over the family business, a volunteer fireman, heading up committees to help the town stay thriving, he is one of the good guys. Tragedy struck Griffin, early in his adult life and he has all but given up on feeling anything for anyone, ever again.  Little did he expect Ren, to come crashing into his life. 
This is such a heartwarming story. I am not usually a person that likes, super sweet books and this one is NOT so much that it is annoying. Actually, it is perfect. I loved this book so much!   The banter, the descriptions of the town, the people... I felt like I was there. This book is vivid and evokes all of the senses.  You can taste the fudge and lobster. You can smell the ocean. You can hear the waves crashing. You can see the town and the people who make up this wonderful place. And you can feel the love growing between Ren and Griffin. 
This is a small town and of course you have tons of gossip, especially when it involves a lifer and the new resident. The stories the town would weave were HILARIOUS! I laughed a lot reading the gossip people were spreading. 
The Knightly boys, made their presence known throughout the whole book, which was fantastic. I really felt like I got to know each one a little before their stories are written. The Knightly boys are considered untouchable in Port Snow. Not because they are NOT lovable, but because of a rumor started and believed for years. Griffin, is afraid to love again and Ren is ready to love!  Will her love be enough to break the curse that Griffin, believes is always surrounding him?
The twists and turns are wonderful and I enjoyed this book very much.  I am so here for the rest of this series! 

5 Clocks 
That Second Chance
by
Meghan Quinn

Honest review based on book provided by 
NetGalley










No comments:

Post a Comment