Thursday, March 19, 2015

American Savages book 3 in the Ruthless People series by JJ McAvoy.......Review by Dawn




Synopsis


Betrayed. Melody is nowhere to be found, Liam is in jail, and the Callahan family is cracking, just as Avian Doers, the FBI Director and puppet master behind their downfall, planned. 

But just because they’re down doesn't mean they’re out. To fight back, Liam and Melody will have to put everything on the line. The kid gloves are coming off, and no one is getting out alive. Nothing will compare to the reign of terror that is about to envelope the entire country. First they were Ruthless, now they are pure Savages. The end is here, and no one is safe… 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Here we are the final installment of the Ruthless People trilogy...American Savages, and I believe the best book of the series. That is saying a lot because I freaking love each book.

I think the reason I loved AS so much was for one simple fact ...Liam Callahan! This IS Liam's book!!!
He was in rare form and I just ate it up. Every despicable deed, every completely insane plan he formulated. But my absolutely favorite part of Liam ' s "rebirth", as I like to call it, was his need to get control of Mel. Liam, for me became the man he was always intended to be, but had not pushed far enough. Mel's disappearing act pushed him too far. He, again for me, became Ruthless in his pursuit to make Mel understand once and for all, HE was a man in control. I absolutely loved Liam. 
He has grown so much form the man he was in Ruthless People. Gone is the spoiled, entitled man. He is a man on a mission and with one clear path... make everyone pay for hurting his family. His rise to power began with a man trying to hurry and prove himself... his guard slips... he fixes it and rules with a calmer head... it was a beautiful thing to see. 

Mel, makes a spectacular return and I mean really, was there ever any doubt? We see the light in Liam's eyes when she does appear, but that quickly fades when he demands answers. Not gonna lie, I did enjoy the bit of hell Liam put her through. It broke my heart when he saw her for the first time in months . But then he tells her exactly how he felt and she was not prepared for his coldness. She must learn that sometimes showing weakness towards those you love the most, does not mean that you are weak. The evolution of Liam and Melody, is absolutely fantastic. And the ending of the book, will BLOW YOU AWAY! 

The depth and richness of the characters in AS is fantastic. Miss McAvoy, does not disappoint at all. She has written a book, a series that is like nothing else out there. Its not pretty, its ugly and hard to not hate these people. But each of them have qualities that make you just root for them... Except Olivia... GOD I HATED HER!  
If you are a fan of this series, we get everything we have ever wanted, and by that, Olivia finally gets what she deserves!!! I can not remember a time when I wanted a character in a book to die so badly. And not just die, suffer a horrible death... does that make me Ruthless???
We get to see Neal step up in a BIG way and redeem himself in Liam eyes. I really am happy that Neal found happiness... SHHH, I can't give it away.

Now, on to my favorites... Declan and Coraline or as I like to call them... "the bright spot!" I adore these two characters...Dec is so loving and passionate about his wife, almost to a fault when you are in a Mob family. He never puts anything before Coraline, and if he did she would not bat an eye. The family comes first! Coreline, is just the sweetest thing, she is loving and always tries to play peace maker, even when there is a snowballs chance in hell that peace could happen. Plus she is sort of a badass!  And HELLO, "Free Liam" T shirts... hilarious and the most perfect way to describe her... LOYAL. 

This is Coraline talking to Mel.
"Mel, just tell him you're sorry." She added and I turned, smiling at Ethan's head .
"I know you love him and he loves you. You both have gone through hell together and apart, but at least when you're both together you can find comfort in each other. When you love someone, you just have to let them win sometimes. It doesn't mean you're weak. It doesn't mean that you are any less of the woman he fell in love with . He would walk through fire to you... while you were gone he told Evelyn to show Ethan pictures of you. He wouldn't let any one of us doubt you. Give him this and move on Mel, if you truly love him or you will lose him permanently. I'm sure you all will still have plenty of fights in the future."
I am so happy Declan and Coraline got a happy ending!!! Just wait you will see. 

Evelyn, is a bit more vocal in AS. She has had enough and lets them all know it. I have always enjoyed her character and wanted to know more about her and Sedric's past... we get that!!!  And that is all I am going to say about that. 
Sedric, he has always been one of my faves. He does not disappoint at all. I love it when he gets all fired up. Sedric has always had the best interest of the family in mind when making decisions regarding their future. He will die before someone in his family is in danger. 

So much happens and so much history is revealed, my mind had to take time to process it. The way it is all wrapped is so impressive, I found myself yelling at my husband. He walked in to ask me something, I was at 94% I looked up and pointed at the door and said "Nope, shit is blowing up and people are dying, I need you to leave." I am not kidding. The final chapters are so intense, I flew through them. Only to get to the epilogue that I, FA-REE-KING LOVED!!!  We are treated to the future and a glimpse of where the family is years later. You will love it! 

I almost feel like I should warn you all to be prepared for your heart to ripped out and stomped on. Be prepared to fall in love with Liam in a whole new way. Be prepared for a whole new level of sexiness between Liam and Mel... HOT.And finally, be prepared to understand that, just because these are Ruthless People and would do horrible things to you and yours, they are a very loving and loyal Family! 

I love this series so much, and Miss McAvoy is an amazing story teller! I honestly do not think this review will do this story justice, but I certainly will not spoil it for you! I also, believe that this should be the end of our beloved Ruthless People... I mean you really can not go out on a bigger BANG!!!!! 

5+++ Clocks from me! 















No comments:

Post a Comment