Saturday, February 28, 2015

Shiver by CM Foss..... Review by Dawn






~Synopsis~
This is a love story. 


This is a romantic story. 



Except bananas. Bananas are never romantic. 



Lissa was a twenty-year-old girl trying to make it in the equestrian world. She was sassy and smart, strong and a little weird. And she had no idea what she was doing. 



Ethan was twenty-seven, tattooed, tall, dark, and hot. And lugging some baggage. He’d already made it in the business and brought Lissa on to help get her on her feet. And it turned out, he liked a little weird. 



Ethan made it clear that he wasn’t in the market for a relationship. Lissa was happy to learn the ropes and push her attraction aside. 



But how do you draw the line when every touch makes you…shiver?





Ok, let me disclose a few things before I start my review. 
I was an assistant to Author CM Foss at her first signing and she gifted me a copy of Shiver. The fact that I have "worked" with CM has ZERO baring on this honest review. 

I LOVE this book!. I read so many books that are dark and angst ridden, it  
sometimes takes me by surprise when a sweet romantic book just connects with me. 

I love Lissa, what a strong, determined, passion driven leading lady. She is funny and always speaks her mind. I often found myself thinking "I would have said that also." The banter between Ethan and Lissa is so much fun to read. 

Ethan, is so much fun to get to know. He swears off love, he had a rough childhood and saying he had difficult parents, would be a gross understatement. He is driven to succeed and I think he is so freaking sweet. I really liked Ethan, and found him extremely sexy. 

Ethan and Lissa have been friends for a few years and its always been easy for them to talk. Little do they know, they are both harboring the "feels" for each other. Reading their story was effortless. It just flowed and left you feeling like, no matter what life throws at you, as long as you have someone who loves you, supports your dreams and always has your back, love can in fact can conquer all!  

Lawrence and Steph are hilarious! I am so excited that they are getting their own book, Swoon.
I loved the friendship that Lawrence and Lissa developed. Steph is a bit of a mystery and I like that not all that much was said about her past. 

The Epilogue takes you into Lissa and Ethan's future and the trials they face raising a child with special needs. I am not even sure if that is what you call it. But they forge through it and you really feel the struggle and the reconnecting of these two. YES! I cried... and you will to.


I loved this story and will definitely be reading Swoon and anything else CM Foss writes. 









No comments:

Post a Comment