Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Owning Violet by Monica Murphy.... Review by Dawn






~Blurb~
I'€™ve moved through life doing what'€™s expected of me. I'€™m the middle daughter, the dutiful daughter. The one who braved a vicious attack and survived. The one who devoted herself to her family's business empire. The one who met an ambitious man and fell in love. We were going to run Fleur Cosmetics together, Zachary and I.

Until he got a promotion and left me in the dust. Maybe it'€™s for the best, between his disloyalty and his wandering eye. But another man was waiting for me. Wanting me. He too has an overwhelming thirst for success, just like Zachary - perhaps even more so. He's also ruthless. And mysterious. I know nothing about Ryder McKay beyond that he makes me feel things I'€™ve never felt before.

One stolen moment, a kiss, a touch . . . and I'm hooked. Ryder'€™s like a powerful drug, and I'€™m an addict who doesn'€™t want to be cured. He tells me his intentions aren't pure, and I believe him. For once, I don'€™t care. I'm willing to risk everything just to be with him. Including my heart. My soul.

My everything.



WOW, WOW, WOW! let me just start off there. I was looking for something that I could totally get lost in and this was it. 

I really, really enjoyed this book. Ryder and Violet were so refreshing. 
Let me explain why: 

Ryder, for the most part was up front about wanting to use Violet for job advancement. He told her strait out. And in return Violet was using him for a "good time." I found it refreshing to have two characters who were for the most part, honest about what they wanted from each other.  

Violet, surprised me, and with all the reading I do, that is not easily done. I was not expecting her to "fly her freak flag" the way she did. I liked the the sexual awakening she had. It also made her so much more of a stronger person. I know that may sound strange, but it worked in so many ways. 

Ryder, he just let it all out and let himself go with Violet and that was the sexiest part of all.  TRUST ME, there is so much more that I will let you find out on your own.  His growth came in the form of self acceptance. He needed to see that he was worthy of someone as "good" as Violet. His self doubt was the constant chain linking him to Pilar. Oh, what a really good antagonist we have in Pilar. She is a wicked, delicious character. I am excited to see what happens with her in the rest of the series. 

The chemistry between Ryder and Violet is undeniable. It is such a sexy, blush inducing, "OMG, what did he just do?" read... and I totally ate it up. I needed a good gritty, sexually strong book, and Monica Murphy delivered that and MUCH more! 

A really great beginning to a series, I am sure to devour!

5 very satisfied clocks for Owning Violet
                                                                                                                                                                  
                                    
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment