Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tall, Tatted and Tempting and Smart, Sexy and Secretive The Reed Brothers series by Tammy Falkner....Review by Dawn


Blurb


Kit 

Logan wants to know my name, but I can't tell him. I can't tell him anything. There are too many people looking for me. He's pretty persuasive, though, and he convinces me to go home with him so he can keep me safe from this harsh city where I find myself. It's not my home. It's his. He belongs. I don't. 

Logan lives with four brothers in the inner city. Yet I've never felt more safe than I do when I'm with him. I want him. But he won't let me have a darn thing, aside from his friendship, unless I'm willing to tell him my secrets. But they're mine, and I can't share them. Not unless I want them to come and get me. 

Logan 

She catches my eye because she's so beautiful she takes my breath. But that's not all that I love about her. I love the way she smells. The way she smiles. The way she plays the guitar is unlike anything I have ever seen. She sleeps in my bed every night, and drives me crazy with her touch. But I can't take what she offers because I need all of her. I need for her to tell me her secrets. I need for her to trust me. 


From the back of the book: 

She’s locked up tight. But he might be the key. 

Logan Reed is tall, tatted and tempting. 
Kit’s a woman with a mean right hook and a secret. 

Kit wants a tattoo, but Logan sees more than she intends to share in the drawing of the tat she wants. He sees her in ways no one ever has. 

Logan’s not disabled; but he hasn’t spoken in eight years. He hasn’t needed to. 
Until he meets Kit. 

Logan doesn’t know everything about Kit. Kit doesn’t know anything about herself, 
until she has to sacrifice all she ever wanted to save what’s most important to him. 






Blurb

Emily 

I'm back in New York, ready to start my brand new life with Logan. Things are still up in the air between us, and it has been three months since I've even talked to him. But there's one thing I'm certain of -- I can't live without him. 

Logan 

I need her like I need air. But now she's back, and her dad and her ex-boyfriend are conspiring to keep us apart. We can do this, though. Can't we? We can make this work? We have to, because I can't imagine my life without her. 






~I'll admit it, I am not normally one to love a sweet story. I like my books with pain and suffering... With that said, I am totally and completely IN LOVE with this series. There are 8 books (a couple are Novellas and most of the series is released !!!!) in the Reed Brothers Series... I am right now 2 deep. Logan and Emily's stories.





I stumbled across the first book Tall, Tatted and Tempting it was free so I thought, "egh, why not?" I am so so happy I read this book! The story was so easy to read, just page after page... I finished it in less than a day and moved straight on to book 2.

Logan, sweet lord Logan... He is exactly the title, tall, tatted and tempting!
I was not sure how I was going to feel about reading a story who's main character was deaf... Well let me tell you, I had ZERO problems. The story captured me from the very beginning. Logan is sweet, I found him very charming, even if in their first encounter Kit/Emily punches him in the face, breaking his nose! He saw her and went for it... Being that he is deaf he uses his other senses to take all of Kit/ Emily in... the way she smells, her beauty and soft skin. He is just completely enraptured by everything she is. He knows there is so much more to her, than the sadness that is radiating off her. 

Kit/Emily, is running, hiding and keeping secrets. She is living in New York alone and on the streets. Preforming in subway stations to make just enough money to eat or possibly get a room at a local motel. She meets Logan when she goes to get a tattoo that she knows she can not afford. She ends up running away from the shop, after hitting Logan for coming on to her. They stumble into one another in the subway, when he sees her preforming. He knows, she can see it, He knows she is alone and homeless.He gets her to accept his invite for a bite to eat...Afterwords, Logan follows her to a local shelter and sees that she has been shut out for the night. So, what is he to do? The only thing he can, toss her over his shoulder and take her home with him.... kick and screaming!  

Enter, all the Reed brothers.... Paul, Matt, Pete and Sam! 
Kit/Emily is so taken by the bonds of these brothers and she feels safe for the first time in months. They have nothing, but yet they have EVERYTHING that matters... Love, family and acceptance! 

Logan and Kit/Emily embark on a friendship that leads to love. Logan being the one who will NOT give in until she is willing to share her whole self with him. But it's not easy for Kit/Emily to open up, she is afraid that "they" will come and find her, expose her one secret she hides from almost everyone and take her from her dream.!  

I would love to just sit here and tell you in detail just how this story unfolds, but that would be such a disservice to these amazing characters. The depth of each one is so amazing. It made me want to just dive into each book until I finally got to know everything about each brother. TRUST ME I am reading this entire series... and I LOVE THAT!

Book 2 picks up right where book 1 ends... and you don't miss a thing... 

If you are like me, I needed something to give me a break from all my "dark, tortured,angst driven" stories. These have just the right amount of drama and are so full of hope... you are pulling for these characters....

I am giving the first 2 books in the Reed Brothers Series 5 LOVING clocks!

















No comments:

Post a Comment