Monday, September 9, 2013

Wild Child.. by Molly O'Keefe








Wild Child by Molly O'Keefe
 


Blurb 
~Monica Appleby is a woman with a reputation. Once she was America’s teenage “Wild Child,” with her own reality TV show. Now she’s a successful author coming home to Bishop, Arkansas, to pen the juicy follow-up to her tell-all autobiography. Problem is, the hottest man in town wants her gone. Mayor Jackson Davies is trying to convince a cookie giant to move its headquarters to his crumbling community, and Monica’s presence is just too . . . unwholesome for business. But the desire in his eyes sends a very different message: Stay, at least for a while.

Jackson needs this cookie deal to go through. His town is dying and this may be its last shot. Monica is a distraction proving too sweet, too inviting—and completely beyond his control. With every kiss he can taste her loneliness, her regrets, and her longing. Soon their uncontrollable attraction is causing all kinds of drama. But when two lost hearts take a surprise detour onto the bumpy road of unexpected love, it can only lead someplace wonderful.~


Here I thought I was getting Monica's story, I was pleasantly surprised that we were also getting Jackson's. I loved the fact that Monica was trying to change her image and wanting people to understand that she was not this "WILD CHILD" any longer. Jackson just wants to be free of the responsibility of being Mayor of this struggling town and his younger sister Gwen, (whom I LOVE!) He longs to be "wild and carefree" he needs to have fun and let go.  

The attraction is immediate and undeniable, it's not very often we get actual honest to god flirting. From the moment they meet, you know these two need each other. Jackson has to get this cookie company to come to town and Monica is a distraction he does not need...but wants!
Jackson gets in Monica's head and begins to understand the pain she has endured for years, the uncertainty of her past and her quest for answers.
When Monica's mother comes to town with a camera crew in tow, she is thrown into the madness again and Jackson is her escape, leading to a passionate filled affair. I LOVED the bath tube scene, holy hotness!

I really enjoyed the fact that we see Monica grow and take a stand, has she finally found the place she needs to be? A home? ... it was lovely to see the change in her.
Jackson is stuck in constantly wanting to do what's best for everyone else, putting himself last and believing he will be happy ....ONE DAY.  He is working so hard to save this town, will he miss the one piece that will lead him to his happiness? With all the pressure he faces will he let love slip through his hands?

I have to say for me, Gwen was the highlight of this book! She could easily have a standalone story, that is how spot on she was written!   
I could have done without Creepy Dean! The part he played was interesting, I literally "LOL" when he got his on live TV!!!!
My ONLY issue was how quickly this was wrapped up ...sometimes we need a story with a truly Happy Ending....

All in all I really enjoyed Wild Child. This was my first time reading Molly O'Keefe and I really like her writing style. I will be checking out past and future book of hers and recommending it to readers.


I am giving Wild Child by Molly O'Keefe
3 Clocks..


I review based on ARC copy.






No comments:

Post a Comment