Saturday, January 12, 2019

Good Time by Jana Aston......... Review by Dawn

Good Time by [Aston, Jana]
Marrying a stranger tops the list of things you should never do in Las Vegas, but I did it anyway.
The entire night was my idea. I was the one who suggested a wake-up-with-a-tiger kind of night. Instead, I woke up with a ring on my finger and Vince Rossi in my bed.
Vince, who was nothing like I thought he was and everything I never knew I needed. 

Suddenly I was falling head-over-heels in love with my accidental husband and the idea of ending this union was the last thing I wanted.
I wanted forever.

So what if we barely knew each other? Statistically speaking, our odds were as good as anyone’s. 

Until the annulment papers landed on my doorstep…

Dawn's Review

Long time reader, first time reading Jana Aston and I am hooked! I loved this book so much! It was such a fun read. I read a lot of heavy darker books. I was looking for something to make me laugh and a quick easy read, Good Time delivered. 

I was literally giggling and LOLing at 4am. I really enjoyed Payton's quick whit and hilarious inner monologue. Her habit of making up words and using them in normal conversation, right along with her using words at the wrong time, had me rolling. Payton, is a woman who knows what she wants and it not afraid to say it, even if it is unintended. She believe's in laying it all out there and letting the chips fall as they may. When presented with an opportunity to spend the evening doing Vegas, with 3 men, 2 whom she works with and one who she wants...Vince. This is not the first time Payton has laid eyes on him and claimed him as her "future husband and baby daddy." But it is the first time she gets to let Vince, know she is giving him a "fast pass" to all things Payton. The only question is, does Vince want the golden ticket?

Vince Rossi, is the owner of a strip club in Vegas. You know the type, fat, greasy, stale cologne...that guy. Well, Payton was sure in for a surprise when Mr. Sex on a Stick, walks in and introduces himself as the owner of said strip club. Vince, is mysterious and so very inviting to Payton. He is shocked with her "hold nothing back" kind of attitude, shocked that she is putting it all out there. When he agrees to be apart of the rouse to get Lydia (Patton's bestie) and one of his customers together, little did he know it would change his life. A simple game of A or B leads to a marriage Vegas style and a wife that has disappeared the next day! 

The hilarity that ensues between, Payton, Vince, Canon, Mark and Lydia, is top notch. Canon, being the maid of honor and taking it upon himself to hack all of Payton's info, had me cackling. Payton, making Girl Trooper badges for Lydia, as she is discovering her sexual desires, had me in a giggling fit. Mark, is Payton's work husband and their banter and playing off each other, was so much FUN! While reading this story I send a message to my friend and told her that it reads like any conversation that I would have with her or my life long best friend. I literally pictured myself saying 90% of the dialogue.

This is a super fun read and I highly recommend it!

5 Clocks for Good Time 
by
Jana Aston
Image result for 5 clocks

No comments:

Post a Comment