Friday, January 18, 2019

Kings of Mayhem by Penny Dee Review by Dawn



When a King loves 
He loves hard
CADE

I’ve loved her since we were five years old.
We grew up side by side.
Two kids tied together by the Kings of Mayhem Motorcycle Club.
But I broke us.
I broke her.
So, she fled.
Now she’s back after twelve long years.
And I’m going to show her all the reasons why we should be together and make her forget all the reasons why we shouldn’t.
INDY
I’m back in town but only because I have to be.
I’m here to help my mom bury my father.
And the sooner we get it done, the better.
Because I want to see Cade as much as I want a hole in the head.
He broke me once—no, he broke my everything— and I’ll be damned if I’ll let him do it again.
Get in and get out.
That is the plan.
But you know what they say about best-laid plans.




Dawn's Review

This was my first Penny Dee read and I am a fan. I loved that she included a Path of Family , this very handy in an MC story as there are many players . This is the first book in the Kings of Mayhem series Cade and Indy's story. I loved the family dynamic of this story. Best friends since the age of 5 to , young love to heart break.  Cade, broke Indy's heart on the night before they were set to leave for college and Indy ran..... 
12 years later she is back in town for the first time since Cade broke her. In town to bury her father, her plan...get in and get out. Well, Cade, has other plans. 

This story flow was great, easy to follow and totally addictive. This is gearing up to be a really great new MC series. Like I had mentioned, this is book 1 so there are many introductions to different characters and rival clubs. So there is a lot of emotion and facing the past, as it is written in "then and now" fashion. You get the back story of Indy and Cade, and it is handled just right. It does not go on for page after page. It is enough of a backstory that you get why the emotions are running so high. 
The Club business is intertwined a little throughout the story, but the ending is where you get the set up for where the club is going and the drama that is going to follow. 
This really has me wanting to read more of the series.


Kings of Mayhem 
by
Penny Dee
5 Clocks


Book provided by NetGalley
for honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment