Friday, July 15, 2016

Gun Runner, Mafia Made Book 1 by Scott Hildreth...... 5 clock review by Dawn









Tripp

Once, I took down terrorists on the front lines as a marine.
Now I'm in the business of bad.
I've sold guns to people others might not approve of.
I've eliminated the criminals, the lowlifes and the thugs who've tread on my turf.
And I looked the Sicilian Mafia boss in the eye and told him to f*** off.
No one tells me no, unless it's their last word.
I didn't just act the part of bad—I lived it. Then she stumbled into my life.
I tried to stay away from her. Tried focusing on moving my merchandise. But one smile from Terra was like a shot to the heart.
She's mine now. And no one threatens what's mine.

Terra

I've seen a lot of terrible things in my life.
I grew up around lies and deception, and I ran away from all of them.
Until I met him.
I knew he was corrupt. I knew he was dangerous.
I should have stayed away, but my attraction to him, my need for him, overrode my logic.
Now I love him.
If he finds out who I am, we're done and I'll be nothing.
I never wanted to be the Mafia princess they tried to make me, but mia familia had other plans. And what mia familia wants…it gets.
Only Michael Tripp can save me.

Book one of the Mafia Made series


I LOVE mafia stories and I feel that I have read enough to say, that I can be pretty particular about my  Boss, Capo, Cosa Nostra, Don's... you get my point. So I get irrationally thrilled when an author nails it and Scott Hildreth, does. He nails this so hard. 

I read this book in 6 hours, I could NOT walk way. I broke my reading rules, I let my kids go chase Pokemon', I just could not put it down. There is no pussyfooting around, we jump right in, Terra is in danger and is helped by a handsome stranger Tripp. Helping her out was easy, staying away from her and keeping himself focused is the hard part. 
Terra is smitten with her rescuer, she wants to know more about him. But when she digs deep and finds out his true career path, can she live with Michael Tripp being a Gun Runner?  
This is a sexy and thrilling read! There is just something about the way Mr. Hildreth writes a leading man. I want to say it's because he is a dude. He just gets it, he writes these manly men that we all want and Tripp, does not disappoint. He is blunt and to the point, he has no time for BS. An ex Marine who has a special skill set that may or may not make him a Bad Guy. 

Terra, well she is Mafia royalty and loves her family, just not their business. She decides she wants to get to know Michael, but not let him know exactly who she is. I was a bit put off by the fact that she got so angry with Tripp when she found out what he did for a living. Mad that he was less than truthful to her. Um, Hello sweetheart, you are lying as well !!! I mean I knew it was going to happen, because this is book 1. Honestly, I usually will not read a series until all the books are published... I'm a greedy gal... But when I saw a Hildreth book up for ARC review, well I HAD to have it.

For those people who say "men can not write a sex scene" you need to read this!! I found it so sexy and erotic. It was not nasty, it was very loving at times and 
animalistic at other times and HONEY, it all WORKS!!! 

The supporting cast I am thoroughly intrigued by, Cap and Michelle I am dying to see what happens between them. Michelle is my kind of girl! Cap, had me laughing so hard. His love of Netflix and basically all things TV, had me cracking up. He is a wise man and I am so invested in him. 

Book 2, is going to be a book that I will be feening for. I am so ready to see what is going to play out. So many variables, so many ways this could be played out! UGH, waiting is not my strong point. 

Gun Runner by Scott Hildreth gets 5 Clocks 
from me!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment