Thursday, October 23, 2014

Rellik by Teresa Mummert...Review by Kathy










~Blurb
Rellik Bentley is to die for. 

He can have any woman he wants and they will do anything to be with him. He uses and abuses them like drugs and tosses them out with the trash. The only thing he gives a f*ck about is his music. That is, until Ella Lighten walks into his life and stumbles upon one of his darkest secrets. In the midst of doing damage control, he begins to obsess over the mysterious woman who wants absolutely nothing to do with him.
Rellik won’t take no for an answer.




The author did provide an ARC for honest review....



I have been waiting for this book for months, even though it has felt a heck of a lot longer. Dawn and I both read the blurb and POW, we had to read it. I had all these preconcieved ideas as to what and who Rellik was, and  I was shocked that the author totally blew those away. This book was nothing like I thought I wanted to read, it was so much better. 



Where to begin. I will start with the band. Ryder "RELLIK" Bentley, Trigger, Hangman, and PhanTOM. I love the names of the band. The names intrigued me, the dynamics with the band members, the groupies, and the idea that no one seems to care that he uses them and then walks away. 



When we first meet Rellik he is an ASS. I honestly wanted to slap the stupid right on out of him. He then redeemed himself and I wanted to hug the bejeesus out of him. I was constantly flip flopping. Did I like him or hate him? Then he meets Ella and wham bam, he is a man who wants to fight for her. Or does he?



Ella was so strong yet, so broken. She needed that hero but, is he really a hero? The dynamics and chemistry with these two was awesome. The pull on each other was palpable. I wanted them to mean something but I was worried they were both just going to be poison for each other.

After running away from an abusive family and being thrown back into foster care, I walked free on a technicality known as adulthood. When you go into the system, it's impossible to escape, but eventually you age and get thrown out with little hope of surviving and becoming a productive citizen. I clung to the stories I had learned as a child. One day the world would right itself, justice would be served, and a hero would save the day. I wasn't that little girl anymore. I was my own goddamn hero, and I was going to make things right. 



I couldn't put the book down. I was totally immersed in Rellik and Ella. I had to know what was going to happen next. Then the author again slams my ideas right on out of my mind. She took my emotions and played them like a freaking symphony. I did a complete 180 and was rooting for them, then I was so shocked that I was almost whimpering with the emotions. I loved it.

"Don't do that. Don't look at me with pity."
"You think I pity you? You're one of the strongest fucking women I've ever met. I don't deserve to get to touch you. Not after what happened to you."
"You're the only person I want to touch me."
"You don't mean that." He looked to the ground, the muscles jumping over his jaw, doubt plaguing him. 



I don't do spoilers and I honestly want to tell you everything. I can't though, YOU need to read this. YOU need to experience the  pain and the pleasure. YOU need to understand what happened....

"Some people are born this way, unable to control the urge. I was created. I became this on purpose. And it all led to you. Don't you see that? You're the butterfly. You flapped your wings, and the entire universe set us into motion. It was an unstoppable force. I became this for you, before I ever knew you existed," I pleaded with her to understand.


I absolutely loved the book. I wish it had been longer though. I can't believe how many times I was totally thrown. The author did a fantastic job of keeping me enthralled. I kept trying to guess what was next, and I was never even close... I am on my knee's begging Teresa Mummert to write a book for each of the other band members. I have to know what happened to them, why they are the way they are, and how they became who they are now. Please, please, please....I need to know.... 

I am giving Rellik by Teresa Mummert , 5 full glorious clocks!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment