Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Alex (A Cold Fury Novel) by Sawyer Bennett ...Review by Dawn











I have to say I went into this with a little bit of trepidation. Not knowing what to expect, I know nothing about hockey. Well I did actually enjoy it! I was happy that it was not a "guide to hockey" type of romance. I really loved Sutton, she is a great leading lady. I mean seriously, she is strong, resilient, loving, and loves her family, even after all the struggles she faced as a child. Her love for her little brother Glenn, was spectacular, I too have a special bond with my little brother, so I appreciated their relationship. I enjoyed the fact that she is humble and trying to do as much as she can to help others. Even if the situation brings up hurtful memories of her childhood. Also, I love me a redhead! Alex , well lets just say he grew on me. I was not his biggest fan. Then you read his story and you understand why he is the way he is. His growth in this story and self realization is spot on. I truly enjoyed that. Chemistry was really perfect and I liked the way it flowed. I wanted to slap Alex for his lack of sharing and his constant shutting down. But it worked for the story. What didn't work for me was, Brandon and Cassie... I wanted more drama with them. But then I caught myself saying, "does this need to happen? Do they need the ex drama, with all the other drama's?" So maybe its not so much that it didn't work for me, maybe I just was left wondering what could have been. And their fathers. I would have liked to know more about them in the epilogue maybe. See that is where I am having an internal issue... Did the story need it? This book is a quick , enjoyable read. I will definitely read more in this series.

4 Clocks for Alex (A Cold Fury Hockey Novel)




No comments:

Post a Comment