Tuesday, March 25, 2014

TATTOO by Cambria Herbert...Review by Kathy



-Blurb-

A tattoo gets them in trouble… He will get them out.

After years of cultivating an undercover identity, Brody West is finally off the case and free to live a life of his own. All that time spent in the company of criminals and killers left him a little jaded… and with an identity crisis. He isn’t sure who he is anymore, or who he wants to be.

To give him time to think, he takes a few days off to go fishing. On his way out of town, he makes a routine stop at the bank and finds himself flirting with the girl behind the counter. 

But his flirtation is cut short when criminals burst into the bank and shoot her right before his eyes. 

In attempt to administer first aid, Brody reveals a tattoo on his upper arm. A mark that will drag him and the girl into the kind of situation he was trying to get away from. But he can’t walk away because he’s the only thing capable of keeping Taylor alive and bringing down the guys who shot her—guys who are seriously dangerous.


This is the newest (book 7) in the Take it off series. I was ridiculously impatient for this book. Sorry for the constant barrage of hurry the hells up, Cambria...in my defense though.. I adore your writing and your main characters always resonant with me. So actually, I am positive I will continue to drive you insane with my need for your books...Suck it up cupcake.... Now let's get into Brody....

Just when I thought I couldn't take any more, he pulled away his hand and lifted his lips, angling his head so he was kissing me from a brand new direction.
 
His tongue stroked against my lips, almost requesting permission to come closer, and I opened immediately, wanting to feel the texture of his tongue, wanting part of him inside me. 
 he broke the kiss, rocking back on his haunches. I blinked, gazing at him with a bemused feeling clouding my head. I watched in apt fascination as he swiped his thumb along his lower lip and then stuck it in his mouth, almost like he was sucking off what was left of me on his lips. " I like the way you taste, ' he told me, his gaze dropping back to my lips. 

 DAMN

I was shot, kidnapped (technically), in danger, dirty, cold, and sitting in a grungy gangster hideout... yet true to his word, he made me forget it. In that kiss, I found more than passion; I also found escape. he was like balm to my open wounds, a blanket to my shivering insides, and an umbrella to the storm raging above my head.







 And he liked the way I tasted. 

Yeah this is a HOT read. We first caught sight of Brody in Tipsy when he was helping Blue/Gray with his undercover assignment. He seemed to just sit in a corner and make out with whomever was available....

She pulled back. "You're a lot like an uncut diamond."
 
Was this one of those moments when her complete girliness was going to come out? Why the hell was she talking about diamonds?

"An uncut diamond has a rough exterior and maybe even a couple flaws, but underneath are brilliant qualities."

"You think I'm brilliant?" I asked, feeling a grin split my face. 

"I might not go that far." she scoffed. 

A weight I didn't even know I bore lifted off me, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like maybe I wasn't as lost to myself as  I thought. 

It was a good feeling. 

"Does this mean you believe you're more than a job to me?" I asked, stepping up close and invading her personal space. I liked invading her space. I wanted to get all up in her space...

She is a strong willed woman who does what she has to, to protect her fellow workers at the bank. She gets shot while trying to keep anothoer teller form being harmed. Brody is an undercover cop that has been living more on the wrong side of the law than the right side. But Brody will do anything to protect Taylor. During his 2 years of undercover work he had to work his way up in the gang, he earned the tattoo that everyone now see's. Will this keep her safe? 

They survive the bank robbery and a kidnapping. She is still in danger. He will basically become her bodyguard. Can you see the sparks yet? Brody is HOT. I admit it. I loved Brody, I am still a Nathan fan first though.( Nathan from TEXT, if you haven't read it yet...GO NOW AND READ...) Brody does have a certain bad boy/good guy vibe that totally rocks you.. I agree with the whole uncut diamond theory though( loved that comparison Cambria) I am going to say that if you haven't read the whole series of Take it Off then you are seriously missing out on some great reads. You do not have to read any of the others but really why wouldn't you. Cambria is a fantastic writer with well developed characters and great plots. 

I am thinking of  giving this 4 1/2 clocks...Is it wrong that I took have a clock away cuz it wasn't Nathan? J/K it is another 5 clocker for me. So when will I get my next book Cambria?



No comments:

Post a Comment