Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Enjoy Your Stay by Carmen Jenner...Review by Kathy



-Blurb-

The last thing Holly Harris expected was to wind up nineteen, knocked-up, and all alone. When Coop left to pursue his dreams of becoming a rock god, he left a tiny piece of him behind.

Holly wishes he hadn’t.

Jackson wishes he hadn’t.

Jackson Rowe tried filling the void his family left by drinking, screwing around, and leaving a string of heartbroken women in his wake. Moving back to Sugartown should have been easy, but he hadn’t counted on the fact his sometimes attraction to Holly would still be alive and kicking—and he sure as hell hadn’t counted on her being pregnant with another man’s baby.

They drive one another crazy, and yet they can’t stay away.

When old flames resurface, and even older wounds are torn open, can two people so similar make it work? Or will their stubbornness only drive them further apart?


YES, it is finally here....what  I mean is... Here is the new book by Carmen Jenner....This is the story of Jackarse and Hols, or as everyone else says...Jackson Rowe and Holly Harris...
I have waited for this story as patiently as possible, never once making comments that the writer needed to hurry the hell up so that I could get my fix....." All I can say is that the next book sooo needs to be Holly and Jackson's story. I couldn't give this book anything less than 5 clocks. Carmen you need to write faster girlfriend...." Ok, so I may have previously stated that she might need to write a tad faster in my review of Welcome to Sugartown and almost daily to the author herself but, I swear it was all just me being as patient as possible....

He spins my shoulder so I'm facing him, and presses me back against the door. His lips trace my neck, barely touching and certainly not kissing, though it's like he's drinking me in. I shiver. "I can't forget. I can't think of anything else but fucking you until we are both raw."
My eyes go wide. Passion flares to life in my belly, so hot I feel it like the heat of the flame that swallowed Belle's Pies. his calloused hand encircles my jaw as his thumb traces my bottom lip, and then he slips it inside, and I bite down before I remember what I'm doing. Jackson brings his lips close to mine, hovering there, testing me.
I shake my head. "We can't."
"Why?"
God, I can't believe I have to be the voice o reason here. Why is life so God damned cruel? "Because I'm pregnant with someone else's baby, Jack."
"Sweetheart, right now you could be pregnant with the Dalai Lama's baby, and I wouldn't give two fucks." And then his mouth crashes down on mine. He hisses and pulls back, touching his split lip." Ow."
"We should stop." I say. Though that's the last thing I want right now.
"Fuck no." He pulls me towards him, and I melt into his touch, into his mouth, and into all the promises of pleasure his body makes mine. We kiss each other so hard we're practically consuming one another. Jackson lifts my T-shirt above my head and frees himself from his boxer briefs. They hit the ground with a soft thud and then he lifts me up and slams my back into the door as I cross y ankles behind his arse and anchor myself to him.....
This is the wonderfully simple romantic story of.....OOPS sorry...THIS romance is not easy or all flowers, this is a romance that is gonna burn someone. It's a flame of passion, of words, of laughter, and of tears. If you don't want to have your emotions dragged out of you and tossed on the ground and stomped on, then this is defintly not the book for you to read. Carmen has once again given us a man that is flawed, sometimes just down right dumb, has the best of intentions, and would do anything for his love. This story contains one very OMG laugh till you pee yourself and don't care moment. I was gonna tell you about it but then you wouldn't get the full affect. So no spoiler on that for you...

The story did not unfold as I had thought it would, thank God....This was so much better. I didn't see a couple of the things coming and was on the floor rocking myself to stop the tears. Carmen is a genius at doing this to us. I adore that she so easily is able to take my emotions and twist them exactly the way she wants to and to give such amazing characters a voice. You also get to see Elijah and Ana ( you all know you want to spend time with these guys too). I really don't want to spoil anything in the review but lets just say...That EX's should stay EX's.....nuff said on that...I am giving this book 5 clocks...
It is not Welcome to Sugartown, it is so much more.Jackson and Holly are dirty mouth little freaks who love SEX and maybe each other, but don't expect the same things to happen. OH and OMG Fingergate...seriously dying.....Oh and one last thing...Remember i warned you that you will laugh and cry....have tissues and depends before reading.....















2 comments:

  1. OH MY! I love this review so hard, I kinda want to dry hump my computer right now! Thanks so much for an incredible review! I laughed and gushed my way through every word! Thank you! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled that you liked the review. I love your books and can not wait to read what you write next.

      Delete