Thursday, June 16, 2016

5 Clock Review .....Cream of the Crop: The Hudson Valley Series by Alice Clayton..... Review by Dawn




Manhattan’s It Girl, Natalie Grayson, has it all: she’s a hot exec at a leading advertising firm, known industry-wide for her challenging and edgy campaigns. She’s got a large circle of friends, a family that loves her dearly, and her dance card is always full with handsome eligible bachelors. What else could a modern gal-about-town wish for? The answer, of course, is...cheese.

Natalie’s favorite part of each week is spending Saturday morning at the Union Square Farmer’s Market, where she indulges her love of all things triple cream. Her favorite booth also indulges her love of all things handsome. Oscar Mendoza, owner of the Bailey Falls Creamery and purveyor of the finest artisanal cheeses the Hudson Valley has to offer, is tall, dark, mysterious, and a bit oblivious. Or so she thinks. But that doesn’t stop Natalie from fantasizing about the size of his, ahem, milk can.

Romance is churning, passion is burning, and something incredible is rising to the top. Could it be...love?



I often want to kick myself for waiting so long between my Alice Clayton books! 
THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!! The story of Oscar and Natalie is just so many things... 
its sexy, its funny, its empowering to women!!!! I fell in love with the setting the sub characters, Chad and Logan gah, I just want to hang out with them. Roxie and Leo are just so much fun and little Polly and her swear jar!!! It is rich in characters, as well as story.
I found Natalie to be in inspiration. Her self acceptance and flirtatious nature just made me want and long to be friends with her. She is an amazing leading lady! I can honestly say that I am a changed woman after reading this story. I am no longer going to focus on all my flaws and instead, I am going to embrace them and ROCK IT! Her story is like many of us Curvy girls story, (well maybe a little less sex...) overcoming ones self is often the hardest hurdle. She is easily in my TOP 5 leading ladies of all time!!!!Oscar, holy cow <--- (see what I did there?) He was described in such detail I have the perfect picture of him, and me likey! A man of few words, but those words are often very meaningful and usually very humorous. He is a man with a big heart and sometimes that leads to misunderstandings. Oscar and Natalie take the saying a "roll in the hay" to a whole new level and it is delicious. His infatuation with Natalie's posterior, is hilarious! The banter between these two is nothing less than , AMAZING! Ms. Clayton has a way with words and I ate each and everyone of them up!!!
This is such a sexy story and when I say "sexy" I mean holy hell, get me a fan and a glass of ice cold water!!!! What makes it even sexier is Natalie and her confidence. She is a curvy girl and makes no apologizes for it. Natalie is more of a "real" woman  and that made me connect with her in a way I never have with a leading lady. We need more Natalie's in the romance genre. She needs to be the new norm!!!  

BRAVO and CONGRATULATIONS to Alice Clayton on writing a Phenomenal story that needed to be told.    
I am hooked on this series and look forward to book 3 !!!!


5 Ecstatic Clocks for 
Cream of the Crop  


No comments:

Post a Comment