Thursday, April 21, 2016

That Thing Between Eli and Gwen by JJ McAvoy and Review by Dawn

ThatThingBetweenEliGwen_Tour

That Thing Between Eli & Gwen by J.J. McAvoy 
Publication Date: April 21, 2016 
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, New Adult


ThatThingBetweenEliGwen_Cover

Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo


Eli Davenport thinks he’s found the perfect woman to be his wife. She’s a doctor, like he is. She’s brilliant, like he is. And she’s wealthy, like he is. Guinevere ‘Gwen’ Poe thinks her fiance is the perfect man. He’s handsome, successful and he was her first… But when Eli’s bride runs off with Gwen’s fiance on his wedding day, they are left to pick up the broken pieces of each other…




My Review

So, um, yeah, I just read that in one setting! I loved it, seriously. It was so bright and fun! It takes this really ugly situation and makes you think this is going to be just drama filled and heavy... it could have went that way and it would have worked as well. But I would call this "drama lite" I mean that with great respect for this author. This was so refreshing and just made me feel good, Ms. McAvoy has a way of doing that to me. I will even go on record and say that her conversations between characters is without a doubt as strong as some the the most seasoned writers. I believer her, I can see this interaction playing out right in front of me. I just devour her books and I know that you will love "That Thing Between Eli and Gwen" it really is a fantastic story. From the jump you are thrown into this horrible happening and you want revenge right along with Gwen and Eli. I was filled with satisfaction when Gwen sends "the text" to Eli only to follow it with "kick his ass" INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!!!!  I knew at 2% that I was hooked and would not be able to put this down... and I didn't until 4am, the chapter taglines alone will keep you going, as always they are spot on! 


We get this amazing glimpse of what it is like to believe your world has fallen apart and what it takes to move on.Throwing himself into his work is Eli's outlet and he always needs to win or save the day. He has a hard time dealing with moving past his anger and seeing Gwen almost daily does not help his situation at all. For Gwen, she just wants to prove herself and move on, just get past this and never look back. Only one thing can stop her... The Contract to finish her work... she needs a project and Eli just might be it.

The friendship to relationship that these two strike up is just so needed. "Insta love" has its place (maybe) but seeing love grow between two people is something that this genre is missing. The originality of this story is a breath of fresh air! Ms. McAvoy tries to write each book in a different way and by God she succeeds every time. Her writing has this realness to it, it's real life, real love and sometimes those things can get messy and it's all about how you deal with the fall out... Is it worth it?  

The last part of this story has a WHOPPER of a shocker! I did not see it coming and was like "what are you doing to my Eli and Gwen?" But, it works and although I was not happy about it, it was important to the story. Life and love are not always a bed of pretty red roses.

I really wish more people would seek out Ms. Mc Avoy's books, she is a bright and shining star in an genre that is bombarded with the "topic of the moment" books (step brother romances, ick NO!"  Her originality is probably favorite thing about her writing, you never get the same book twice. I want to see her soar! I believe she can, nay, I know she will!   Please go and search her  Amazon Author Page  take a chance on this amazing fresh young talent. I promise you will find something you love! I have read everything she has every published and I am NEVER disappointed.






About J.J. McAvoy

J. J. McAvoy

My name is JJ and I’m a student currently living in Ottawa. I wrote Ruthless People in the summer of 2013 in hopes of giving myself a new type of love and crime drama. I never would have imagined that so many of you would enjoy it as well! I truly feel blessed to have fans like you all. Writing is my true love and having you all love my words is a dream come true.


IndieSageBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment