Thursday, April 21, 2016

Dirty Dix and Wicked Dix: Hard Love Romance series books 1&2 by Monica James .... Reviewed by Dawn







I knew she was bad news when she walked into my office, but I just couldn’t help myself...

Filthy, sexy and full of surprises, Juliet is so hot she has me on fire. I’ve met my match and I can’t help going back for more. 
Then there’s Madison… she’s sweet, funny and awakens in me a fierce need to protect her. 
But I don’t do relationships. I don’t usually do the same woman twice. 

Juliet and Madison: Two very different women have got me completely hooked. 

Who will I choose? 
I know who I should choose, but I never said I was the hero of this story, or even the good guy. And besides, who wants to be good, when it feels so good being bad? 
My tale isn’t for the faint-hearted. If you’re game, strap yourself in and expect the unexpected. But don’t say I didn’t warn you… 

Achingly sexy and highly addictive, Dirty Dix, the first in the Hard Love Romance series, will have you hooked. 




I’ve always been a bad boy, with a very wicked reputation. 


But then I met Madison – sweet, vulnerable, innocent Madison. She makes me feel as if there is hope for me. As if I could be a good man. I need her more than I need air to breathe. 

There’s just one problem: Juliet. She’s a temptress who won’t take no for an answer. If I resist her, she’ll use our dirty secret to ruin everything with Madison. I don’t want to lose Madison, but can I really change? 

This is my chance to prove that I can. But it’s going to be one hell of a ride. Are you ready? 




I first had to go purchase Dirty Dix and read it first.. I LOVED IT. and that made me so excited for this one, Wicked Dix. Here I thought I was getting this story about a man whore and a shy girl... which, we get but boy does that change. 

I will admit I hated Dix in the beginning.. what an awful human being.It is a bit hard to get past, how he treats women, but give a bit and see if you change your mind! The abuse of his position had me waiting and wishing for a few law suits.  As much as I hated Dixon,  Juliet takes the cake as worst woman ever written! What a complete piece of total dog crap!!! I mean I am getting mad just thinking about her.. Bravo Miss. James. When you can write a few characters that are the scum of the earth and evoke a reaction like that in me, well you just got yourself a fan!

Madison, Maddy... She just killed my heart! I hurt for her and wished she would have at least 5 minutes of peace in her messy life. I admire the writing that Miss James did when it came to Maddy. She had to seem weak , but also strong. She had to portray innocence that can sometimes come off as, "Oh, please no one is that clueless." But that was not the case in telling Maddy's story.
 I have to add, the secrets that both Dix and Maddy have are genuine and many people face these same issues. Dix and his sadness of his mother's passing and his issues with his father are a heart warming spot in this book. But Maddy's issues are deep and hard to read at times. I feel like this was told with respect to the characters. It really is a very loving story...

This was a fast read for me simply because I could not put the books down. I read them both in 2 days. I really hope Mary and Hunter get a book.. their banter is hilarious... 


5 Stars from me... loved it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment