Monday, August 3, 2015

Sugar Baby Beautiful by JJ McAvoy..... Review by Dawn





When twenty-four-year-old Felicity Harper is dragged to a sugar party, an event where wealthy men and women seek "companionship," she never expects this one simple decision to drastically change her whole life. 

Her past is nothing but broken dreams and heartache. Her present is detached and dull. And her future? Well, before meeting Theodore Darcy, the famed film director, writer, producer and CEO of Darcy Entertainment, she would have expected more of the same. Love is just a fantasy and she wants no part of it--even if she can't deny the magnetic attraction between the two of them. 

So their arrangement is simple: sex with no strings attached. 

But as their intimacy becomes more powerful, so do Felicity's demons. Can Theo really shoulder her past and his own? And could Felicity even let him? 



Let me start off saying that, I just finished this and my mind is still reeling from the emotional roller coaster ride Ms. McAvoy just took me on.  Here I am reading this really sexy, interesting take on an old topic, Sugar Daddy's or I guess the Sugar Babies that they get involved with . If you are not a fan of this kind of "subject matter" STOP...This is an amazing story. It actually has very little to do with "Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby"  relationship. If that is your hang up, move past it and explore this very smart story.

There is really no good way to write this review without giving it all away.  Honestly, there are so many plot twists, that had me floored! It's not confusing in anyway ... it is just shocking and you are never expecting it. I MEAN... LIKE EVER!  After I read the book I sent Ms. McAvoy messages and told her how brilliant I think this story is. It is a very important story. I wish I could tell you why, but it's something that happens everyday to someone.

This is a departure of sorts for this author. This is a very SEXY book! It is down right HOT. I love that Ms. McAvoy is doing something different.
She always gives us these strong leading ladies and even stronger leading men. Never are her heroines weak in the sense that they are frail. Felicity is just fantastic. She has this confidence that you know is a lot of bravado, but she makes you believe she is fearless.  I absolutely loved her and everything that she stands for. You will understand once you read this.

Theo Darcy is amazingly swoon worthy. He sees her, he wants her, he will have her. It is that simple. He is not taking no for an answer, after all she is at a Sugar Baby party. Little does he know the reason she is there... against her will, of sorts. Theo is not exactly who he seems to be, he has a past and is a bit of a tortured soul. He has success but at what cost? He lost his love to another man and his family is just not quite what it seems. 

The twists and turns in this story are really heart wrenching. You think you have it figured out and wait... sharp left turn on the straight-away! Only to be followed by an immediate right, but it's done so effortlessly. Never at any point did I have an issue with getting lost. It flows and it is beautifully written. Once you know the "secret" you go back and think of all the things you should have picked up on but you didn't.  This story seems very personal to this author and I think that is why it came off as so authentic for me. It seems like she has lived this and for me that made me connect with the characters on a deeper level!  (Fellow Book Nerds, will understand that.)  
I love it and I hope you give it a chance and love it as well!!!!

5 clocks for Sugar Baby Beautiful





I received this as an ARC for my honest review.












No comments:

Post a Comment