Wednesday, July 1, 2015

RIDE STEADY, A CHAOS NOVEL BY KRISTEN ASHLEY..........Review by Dawn



The ride of her life . . . 
Once upon a time, Carissa Teodoro believed in happy endings. Money, marriage, motherhood: everything came easy---until she woke up to the ugly truth about her Prince Charming. Now a struggling, single mom and stranded by a flat tire, Carissa's pondering her mistakes when a vaguely familiar knight rides to her rescue on a ton of horsepower.

Climb on and hold tight . . . 
In high school, Carson Steele was a bad boy loner who put Carissa on a pedestal where she stayed far beyond his reach. Today, he's the hard-bodied biker known only as Joker, and from the way Carissa's acting, it's clear she's falling fast. While catching her is irresistible, knowing what to do with her is a different story. A good girl like Carissa is the least likely fit with the Chaos Motorcycle Club. Too bad holding back is so damned hard. Now, as Joker's secrets are revealed and an outside threat endangers the club, Joker must decide whether to ride steady with Carissa---or ride away forever . . .



I totally lived up to my blogs name, I stayed Up All Night reading this masterful book. And once again I know it was coming... the end! Why do I sit and read every KA book in one setting? I know I am going to be sad when it over, I know I am going to have a massive book hangover, I know nothing is going to help my book funk for days.... BUT I do it anyway!

The Queen did not disappoint Ride Steady is brilliant! I have been on a "I want Rush's book" kick for what seems like years and I swear every time I hear we are getting a new chaos book, I pray for Rush... I get sad, it's not Rush... But then, she makes me so happy and I fall for the "new guy." And people Joker is no joke!

Trying to write a review of book you love is absolutely agonizing! I want to tell you everything and I simply can not! I really never thought another couple would ever dethrone Shy and Tabby as my fave Chaos couple but
Joker and Carissa are just so incredible, but in a totally different way then Shy and Tab. There is this underlying sweetness that just makes this book so refreshing. It could have went to a very dark place but it didn't. She stayed true to the characters. Please do not get me wrong, there is angst but we are not kept in the depths of despair the entire book. There is a brightness to this story and made it impossible to put down.

I found myself laughing my butt off at the "girls night" adventure, just writing this and thinking about it, has me laughing.  I love the dynamic of Carissa, Tyra, Tabby and of course Elvira. They just took her into the fold and hilarity ensues.
The MC is pivotal in Joker's story. You get to see the men, his brothers take his back and give it to him straight, whether he wants to hear it or not. Seeing the club again made me want to go back and reread the entire series again, I missed those guys!
I need to take a moment and recognize that my main man, Tack is back... I love that man irrationally and unconditionally. He just keeps digging his way deeper in my heart. He is amazing in this story. His presence in the final pages and what he says, I died. I teared up at the end of the epilogue ... that is how amazing this book is... from start to finish, brilliant! 

The history of Carsen aka, Joker and Carissa makes the chemistry nothing short of explosive!  It's HOT and romantic and just everything you want from KA.
There are pop ups from some of our favorite characters from other series. I am not sure how she keeps them all straight in her head, and she still makes them as BA as they were in their stories.  

I am not going to go into all the reasons you should read this book, YOU just should! If you are living under a rock and never read KA's books, you need to get on it, as soon as you humanly can.  

5++++++++ Brilliant Clocks for
Ride Steady, a Chaos novel
By
Kristen Ashley 

















No comments:

Post a Comment