Thursday, June 11, 2015

Making The Cut A Selected Sinners MC Novel by Scott Hildreth.......Review by Dawn



Synopsis 



Determined to remove herself from the rules regulations of her overbearing religious parents, Avery escapes to college and is determined to make it on her own. Working as a bartender, and mere weeks before her college graduation, she finds herself face to face with thirty members of an 
Outlaw Motorcycle Club

She had no idea when the President of the club walked in she’d go weak in the knees for the gorgeous tattooed biker. 

Axton (aka Slice) is the President of the Selected Sinners MC. At the onset of a huge gun deal with a notorious prison gang, he has no time or desire to have a woman in his life. Abused by his Hell’s Angel father as a child, and wronged by every woman in his past, Axton has one devotion - the MC. 

After finding out he needs Avery’s Criminal Justice education and her linguistic skills to assist in making the gun deal a success, Axton reluctantly approaches her to act as his interpreter. 

Hoping to win Axton over, Avery attempts to turn off her smart mouth, turn on her charm, and become his woman of interest; even if it means sacrificing a level of independence she’s grown accustomed to. 

But when the gun deal goes to hell in an hand basket, both Avery and Axton are left wondering what their next move may be. 



This is the first book I have ever read from Scott Hildreth and I will say "I am a fan."  I also came to the conclusion that, Male and Female authors really do write in an entirely different fashions.  While this book and the story were awesome the differences were apparent. Female authors tend to lean more on the emotion, angst and tenderness in their stories, which I LOVE, lets make that clear. But it was really fascinating to me how Mr.Hildreth told a story with very little emotion and it worked so well. I was struggling with a way to explain this to you, so of course I asked my husband and he nailed it. I said " I am so happy that he gave me a chick that was not a pushover or a weak little bitch. Now how do I say that without saying that?" To which he so brilliantly said "sometimes you want a Gemma and not a Tara!" EXACTLY!!!
 I loved Avery, she spoke her mind and never held back. She knew what she wanted and made it known and to hell with whomever had an issue with it.  She understood how the club worked and was fine with it, as long as she could speak her mind at home. Avery wanted to make Axton trust her so she was willing to take it at his speed, even if it was torture. She also was not what we normally read as "the sex kitten body" she was athletic in build and very tall. I like that he gave us something that was out of the norm. 

Axton, grew on me, I was not sure about him. He had a twisted take on women, justified but twisted. I loved that SH didn't make him a complete dick. He made him likable, in a time when almost all MC books are riddled with "I'm a badass biker, therefore I must be an asshole." Axton was far from that, to me that is. He was honest and upfront with his feelings and was a powerful main character. I guess what I am saying is I appreciate this different take on MC books. I read just about every MC book released. Making the Cut was different and I found it very much to my liking. 
There are now 3 books in the series, Taking The Heat, Toad's story and newly released Otis, I am adding them to my collection ASAP!!!!  

I am asking you to take a chance with Scott Hildreth's Selected Sinners Series, it's so worth it! 

4.5 Clocks ..... 













No comments:

Post a Comment