Monday, April 12, 2021

Scar by A.M. Brooks .........4 Clock review by Dawn

 


Trent

I fell in love with the wrong girl—you could say. 

She destroyed my career.

Set me up for her family’s crimes.

Then ran off into the sunset to become Queen of a criminal empire. 

Time is supposed to heal all things. For me, time has done nothing but create a vengeful monster out for blood. Her blood. I won’t stop until she’s back on my turf, playing my game and surrendering her body and soul to me. 

I’d say my plan would be to destroy her heart like she did mine, except I learned long ago that Scarlet Reyes doesn’t have one. 

There is no happily ever after here. 


Scarlet

I ruined my chance at happiness—you could say. 

I became a Queen to survive.

He doesn’t know I walked away to save his life.

My plan to make my father’s enemy fall in love with me worked, until I lost my own heart in the process. 

Until he showed me the cage I had allowed myself to be trapped in. 

When a relationship is already built on lies like ours, hearts and love don’t stand a chance. 

I have a secret I’m keeping from Trent Nichols.

Now I’m back and once again my lies are standing in the way.

How can we live happily ever after when he’s determined to ruin me?





~~~~Review~~~


This is my first time reading this author and  I really enjoyed it. I really liked the idea of Scarlett being a crime family princess. Her father has no problem threatening her with selling her or her cousin Evita off to make himself more powerful. Thinking she would never get out from under her father she becomes what he wants, ruthless.  Never did she intend to fall for one of her marks, but Trent Nicolas was too hard to resist. 

I enjoyed their chemistry and the time it took to become a relationship, it wasn't insta love.  I liked Trent a lot, he was a decent guy who never thought he would find love. 

Spending a summer together changed everything, now Scar had come up with a plan to get out from under her father and keep Trent alive. That meant she would have to hurt the man she loved to save him and to go back into her father's fold and wait for the perfect time to take him out. 

Heartbroken and out for revenge Trent is ready to bring the person down that killed his best friend...enter Scarlett. The drama that comes from this is electrifying, when these 2 see each other for the first time again, let's just say there is no love lost on his part. He wants her to pay for all her crimes and he has no problem helping bring her down. 

Secrets come out and truths are revealed that lead to a revelation that I really didn't see coming. I love a good plot twist. 

Now, I will say that this all happened a little too quickly for me, I like a little more drama and emotional torture in my "crime family" stories. I needed just a bit more drama when all heck was breaking loose. I just needed more. 

I enjoyed this and will definitely keep this author's name on my watch list. 



Scar 
by
AM Brooks 
4 Clocks



Book Provided by NetGalley for honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment