Monday, September 21, 2015

Unlawful Desire, ALFA Investigations by Chelle Bliss..... Review by Dawn








Screw relationships.


My motto: Hit it and quit it.



Simple worked. Feelings weren’t on the line, hearts weren’t able to be broken, and I could keep my life simple.

My friends told me to move on and find the “one,” but I wasn’t ready to love again.


Until I met her.



A dirty-mouthed temptress with a killer body that had me questioning everything. 

I knew I could ruin her forever, but not without losing myself.


I wouldn’t do it.. 



But Georgia Phillips was innocent, pure, and total perfection.

I wouldn’t be the one to strip her bare and break her heart.
I swore I’d never call another woman mine, but that was before I almost lost her… 

Warning: If you can't handle a cocky bad boy or a badass chick with a dirty mouth, this might not be the book for you.


~~~~Dawn's Review~~~~
Can we just cover the fact that Chelle Bliss never disappoints...NEVER!  I am super crushing on Georgia! This is a first for me, I am usually swooning over her leading ALFA/Gallo men, but lord have mercy I love G! She is hysterical, a total smart ass and a true ball buster. I love her "nerd factor" and the fact that she is a librarian. G is someone that Frisco would not normally date, but one look at her and he is in.
Frisco, has been burned and it has turned him off of relationships, do the deed and walk away. Can Georgia give him a run for his money? She is not looking for love... but she carries a secret, will she let Frisco in?


This book is very sexy, I mean all of her books are, but I think the fact that there were secrets that made it hotter for me. Call me crazy but it did.


I am being selfish, but I missed my beloved Gallo family. We know this is a spin off of the Inked series, so I know they can not be as prominent in the ALFA series... see shelfish!  But we did meet G's and Frisco's parents ... I was dying laughing when Frisco's mom showed up, I could just picture it and the hilarity then ensued was great! Oh and continuing with the tradition of  getting caught in the act... Mama Jones catches Georgia and Frisco "christening" his office... I was dying, especially with Bear being in the mix. And as for G's family, well there are intense! Mr. Phillips ...WOW! But meeting how they did the first time, well that would not be ideal. 

The only thing I found lacking, and I mean that with respect, was the level of intensity that we normally get in an ALFA book. But at the same time it was refreshing that our leading lady was not in a situation that put her at risk constantly. I thought for sure Frisco's ex would come back and reek havoc. 
This is by far for me the sweetest of all her works. It was nice to have a story that made me feel good the entire time I was reading it. 

                                 4.5 Clock for this Sweet, Sexy and Funny book !


ARC provided for honest review









No comments:

Post a Comment