Sunday, October 13, 2013

Untangle Me by Chelle Bliss....Reviewed by Kathy

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blurb-Kayden is a bad boy that never played by the rules. Sophia has always been the quintessential good girl, living a life filled with disappointment. Everything changes when their lives become intertwined through a chance encounter online.

Hundreds of miles separate them, but the connection that draws them together is too much to be denied. As the layers of their lives peel back, Kayden keeps the dangerous parts of his past hidden to protect the woman who is becoming more important to him than he should allow. What starts as a pursuit of carnal pleasure turns into a complicated love story. His past is a tangled web filled with addiction, an obsessed ex-girlfriend, and problems with the law.

One mistake he thought he had left behind may end up ruining it all.


I had this book come up as a recommend from Amazon. I was supposed to be reading a different book for review. I decided that I would just check out the sample maybe for my TBR list. I loved it from the beginning and totally forgot that I was to supposed to be reading a different book. All I can say is Thank You Amazon for my recommends list.

This book gives you both Kayden's voice and Sophia's. Normally I am not a fan of this. Chelle Bliss did a great job of switching from one to the other. It worked very well in the book. I think it actually made the whole thing better.

Sophia and Kayden start talking via Facebook. He sends her a friend request. She isn't sure if she should accept it, especially since she doesn't know who he is. They have mutual friends and he even knew her brother in high school.
Me:Do I know you?
 Clicking on his photo, I studied his face. He had warm green eyes, a shaven head, a sinful grin framed by a goatee, and dimples....fucking hell, he's got dimples. His facial hair was a mix of brow and gold, but the rest of him was smooth. He looked like the quintessential bad boy, a type I steered clear o my entire life, but visited nightly in my fantasies. As I stared at my screen, a message popped up, blocking his face.
Kayden:Not yet.
 I stared at the screen, tapping my finger against my lip, my finger hovering over the decline button before his message stopped me.
Kayden:I saw your post to Freddie,we went to school together and I knew your brother.
Me:Freddie's such a nice guy; I've known him for as long as I can remember.
Kayden:I don't remember you hanging out with us  back in the day.
Me:I'm younger than my brother and didn't really hang out with them.
Kayden:Probably for the best...at least for you, not for me.

 Kayden is a bad boy who has been burned by love before and has decided that it is better to just have a strictly physical relationship.  Sophia is the good girl who hungers for the bad boy but always sticks with the safe ones. She has a navy blue life.
Kayden: Slept like a baby. What did you mean last night about being navy blue? You intrigued me with that statement.
Me: I don't know how to explain it. Is navy blue an exciting color?
Kayden:Umm, not really.
Me:Well, it's the color of my life.
Kayden:Impossible
Me:Entirely true.
Kayden:Come on, your Mike's sister and you're hot as hell. No way that you're boring.
Me:I'm nothing like my brother,Kayden. I learned what not to do by watching him.
Kayden:I never thought you were, you just share DNA. That doesn't make you navy blue. Tell me more about yourself. Are you seeing anyone?
They spend a great deal of time talking on FB,the phone and on skype during the book. As they get closer to each other via FB, Kayden tries to get Sophia to come vsit him in NOLA(New Orleans). Once they finally meet in person, holy hell, it gets smoking hot. Kayden has a lot of things in his past that he is ashamed of, he also has very real feelings for Sophia and vows to tell her it all.
 He has a psycho ex girlfriend named Lisa. She is determined to get Kayden back, no matter the cost. She is sneaky and manipulative. I have to say that Chelle did a superb job of making me totally hate Lisa.
 They have to deal with a long distance relationship and the perils of that. They also have to deal with Kayden's past. It is not pretty or easy and may be the thing that breaks them up. Can Kayden and Sophia get past it all and still come out of it as a couple?
 You will be taken on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I laughed out loud at the banter between the characters. I sighed at the romance. I gasped at parts and I even cried. This is an amazing read. I loved it so much that after I was done, I had to go back and start re reading parts. I give an enthusiastic 5 clocks.  I am looking forward to the next book from Chelle Bliss.
 
 

 
 
 
Review by Kathy Lee Herbst
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment