Monday, April 20, 2020

Cabin Fever by Rye Hart ...... Review by Dawn

Cabin Fever: A Mountain Man Romance

Mr. Dreamy saved my life.
Now, he's staring at me like I'm his prey.
The temperature outside may be subzero.
But the heat between us is dangerously high.
Cabin fever has never felt this good.

Liam:
Whitney was scared and alone.
And f*cking stunning.
I may have given society the finger
But, then I saw the goddess hurt and helpless.
And, my inner beast went into overdrive.
Now, it's just the two of us, alone in my cabin.
And, I'm finding it hard to resist her lips.
Her eyes tell she wants it too.
Meeting Whitney was chance.
Letting her go just isn't an option.
The Navy did a number on me - but I know damn well that won't ruin the best thing to happen to me.





Review!
Well, this was a new author for me and I did enjoy the story but there were problems. 

I do not see Gatlinburg, Tennessee as the wilderness, it's just not. 
Some of the verbiage used during the sex scenes were different. I even screen shot it and sent it to my husband saying "well, that is a new way of saying it." Everything just a bit off, it that makes sense.
I love this kind of story, mountain man saves city girl who gets lost. It had all the bones just not the skin to keep it together. 
I liked Liam and I thought Whitney was cute and sassy, but even that couldn't keep it flowing. With Whitney being portrayed as "lost because she quit a job she hated." And again when she leaves Liam, she was always a mess that needed fixed. That bugged me. 
But Liam, his PTSD was another miss. Seems all he needed was a woman. When she was there is was OK and when she was gone, not so fine.
I just needed more and this had the structure for that. But in the end it fell flat.


No comments:

Post a Comment