Friday, August 19, 2022

Pen Pal by J.T. Geissinger .....Review by Dawn

 

The first letter arrived the day my husband was buried. It was postmarked from the state penitentiary, and contained a single sentence:
I’ll wait forever if I have to.
It was signed by Dante, a man I didn’t know.
Out of simple curiosity, I wrote back to ask him what exactly he was waiting for. His reply?
You.
I told the mystery man he had the wrong girl. He said he didn’t. I said we’d never met, but he said I was wrong.
We went back and forth, exchanging letters every week that grew increasingly more intimate. Then one day, the letters stopped.
When I found out why it was already too late.
Dante was at my doorstep.
And nothing on earth could have prepared me for what happened next.



Review 

Ooh my goodness where to begin? In typical Geissing fashion, this is full of twists and turns and emotional torment. This is an erotic thriller/paranormal thriller with a load of spice. I was under the impression when I signed up for the ARC this was dark romance, it is but the paranormal side takes over. I am not mad about it and it kept me interested the entire time. I am not one who would necessarily gravitate towards PR but I am glad I stuck with it.

Kayla and Aidan's relationship begins when she hires him to fix her leaking roof and do some home repairs. He is brash and moody and Kayla is in no way prepared for his presence but she can not deny that she is intrigued with the man. 
It escalates quickly and Aidan makes his intentions known and has zero problems with the uncomfortableness Kayla feels. 
I was so torn because I was feeling "YOUR HUSBAND JUST DIED" to "GIRL, CLIMB THAT MAN!" As I went further into the story I started to figure it out, there are Easter eggs throughout the story. 
I really want to leave it there because I am not going to ruin it for you. I will say if this was presented to me as PR I would have probably would have passed BUT I am so glad that I didn't. 




Pen Pal 
by 
JT Geissinger 
4 clocks



ARC provided by the author.


























No comments:

Post a Comment