Tuesday, April 6, 2021

The Insiders by Tijan........ Review by Dawn



The Insiders is the first in a brand new, page-turning romance trilogy from New York Times bestseller, Tijan!


Bailey is as normal as could be, with a genius IQ and a photographic memory. But still, normal for her. Then, things happen—a guy breaks into her house in the middle of the night to take her hostage. She finds out her father is actually billionaire tech genius Peter Francis, the same guy she’s idolized all her life. She learns all this when she meets dark, mysterious, and electrifying Kashton Colello. He’s an associate of her father’s, and he gives Bailey two choices—go with him and meet her father or survive on her own because those kidnappers are going to try again. It’s a no-brainer.

After this, three things become clear for Bailey:

1. She’s living at her father’s sprawling estate, complete with bodyguards and the best security that money can buy.

2. She’s no longer an only child. She has three siblings and has no idea what to do with them and vice versa.

3. She is being guarded by Kash himself. Personally guarded. And there is a lot of guarding going on there and some of it is going to drive her crazy.

A complete outsider in a world of wealth and decadence, Bailey has to find her way within a family that has more secrets than she could have imagined. One of these secrets could be deadly…







~~~~REVIEW~~~~


It has been a few years since I have read Tijan. Not for lack of publishing, but because I am not super into College-age romance. I saw this come up and read the blurb and was intrigued. 

I really enjoyed this story for the mystery and twists and turns. I will say Kash's secret-keeping was getting a little old and I was glad when it was revealed.  I really hated the discord between Peter and Baylie. I was so mad at him when he would not acknowledge her presence, let alone her existence. I was ready for that to blow up.

The instant bond with her secret siblings was the soft spot in the story and was very much needed. So much mystery and suspense needed a little laughter.

The Kash and Baylie dynamic I found very interesting. I wasn't sure how bad I wanted them together until he started in on people who were rude to her. I love a man who will not let someone be disrespected. His protective nature was fantastic and I totally loved those two together. 

I am very invested in these characters and am ready for more! 

The only thing that made this a 4 star read for me was the excessive detail when describing the houses and surroundings. I get it, they are the 1% super-wealthy, I did not need page after page of house and grounds descriptions.



The Insiders 

by

Tijan

4 Clocks


book provided by NetGalley for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment