Monday, March 22, 2021

The Kings of Kearny by Navessa Allen............ Review by Dawn

 

Jakob Larson is going to be the death of me.


That’s what I think every time he strides into my bar.

The Kings of Kearny Motorcycle Club run this small Texas town, and Jakob is their chief enforcer.

The Viking, they call him. He’s a criminal. As dangerous as he is sexy. The kind of man who makes my inner cavewoman sit up and take notice.

Him big. Make strong babies. Bring home mammoth for dinner.

I’m ready to indulge her desires, but just for one night. Unfortunately, Jakob has other plans.

Someone in town is breaking one of the cardinal rules set by the leader of The Kings. And Jakob thinks they’re using my grandmother’s nursing home as a front for their illicit activities.

Now I’m neck-deep in trouble with him, and every time I think I’ve figured out what’s really going on, Jakob reveals another piece of the puzzle.

I need to figure out how far I’m willing to go to protect this town. How far I’m willing to go with Jakob.

Because if I fall for him, there’s no going back. No hope for a peaceful ending.

But Jakob is the kind of man who makes me think that peace is overrated, and descending into the darkness with him could lead to something even better than a Happily Ever After.


~REVIEW~


I am a very big fan of MC and am always looking for the next great MC read. I was so hoping this was going to be it but sadly this fell a little flat. I was a bit put off right from the start, the author seemed to have this need to use words that really had no place in the MC world when describing Jakob's appearance. The characters I never could connect 100%b with. Krista was not incredibly loveable except with her Grandmother. I mean, I get that she had just met Jakob, but he was so stiff and was a man of little words, but it made him seem so off-putting. They truly should have been a one-night stand at least that would explain the lack of chemistry. The drama seemed mild at best and I kept waiting on it to develop and sadly it didn't. It was almost there and I thought it was going that way and then it would just be over and done with it.

I liked the epilogue it had more emotion than the entire book. Gran was the best character followed closely by Jennifer. This will find the right audience and I am happy for the author.



The Kings of Kearny
by
Navessa Allen
3 Clocks

               
Book provided by NetGalley for honest review






No comments:

Post a Comment