Saturday, January 10, 2015

Uncover Me: Men Of Inked Series Book 4 by Chelle Bliss..... Review by Dawn



~Blurb~
I lost track of my life. 

Spiraling down the rabbit hole, I lost myself and became one of them. Living undercover within the MC, the days bled together as I became absorbed in a life of excess and violence. 

Becoming consumed was easy. 

Was I Thomas Gallo, good guy and respected cop or Blue, Sergeant-at-Arms of the Sun Devils MC? 

Before, I could answer with certainty. But now, there’s a darkness that has settled deep in my soul, fusing with my heart and altering my reality forever. 

The road I’ve traveled has been paved with danger, death, and deception. 

Roxanne grew up as part of the MC, a victim of her birth. Her life has been treacherous, setting her on a course of torment and destruction. 

When our worlds collide, secrets are revealed. Trying to save us from damnation, I fight for redemption and the woman I love.

Well, I knew it was going to happen, I knew Thomas Gallo was going to be my favorite. I have been intrigued with him since book 1, in The Men of Inked series. I would devour each book hoping to learn more about "my man Thomas." I can not remember the last time I was sitting, waiting with bated breath on a book to, A) Be written and B) me being able to get my hands on it.
When we got Izzy's book I was beyond excited, I knew Thomas made appearances and I was READY! Well, Chelle did NOT disappoint me at all!!!!

I when I finished reading Uncover Me, I needed to talk to someone about it, and well my husband was the only one in earshot. I had to tell him how Chelle takes each book to the point of , " Oh shit, this could go bad really fast." Only to bring us back with a sense of relief.  My heart rate appreciates that!  I don't always need all the "angst and drama" and that is where Chelle shines brightest. She is brilliant in her delivery, you swear she is taking you left and
BOOM, she swerves that bitch to the right and the whip lash is a tasty treat!

What to say about Thomas and Roxy aka "Angel?" I will start with, I loved that we got them "mid relationship" no insta love.  I just loved that we got to know them as a couple that had been together for a while. Even if it was built on less than honesty, on Thomas's part, it worked in every way. I enjoyed the vulnerability of Roxy. She was not a mess in any way, she just had a screwed up childhood. It didn't cripple her, she just had a skewed view of what family was like.  I just really liked her. And when she and Izzy  got drunk.. I was dying. They had me laughing my ass off. When you read it you will understand why this is so funny!

"Tricky Dicks, Private Dicks, Pick a Dick, and Quickie Dicks"


  Oh my Thomas... good lord! I am kind of a hard nut to crack with it comes to new book boyfriends. I have had the same one for years. No one has ever compared to my "OG BBF"... until Thomas. I think it was the anticipation of him.*wink wink* (read it, you'll understand.) He was such a mystery for so long. I knew he and I would click. He is my kind of man, biker (even if it was a lie) longer hair, tatted up, loyal and a BIG BAD ASS! His need to protect his family drives him to do things he never thought he would do. I think this sums up his conflict perfectly.

"I wasn't the same man I'd been when I joined the DEA. If you asked me then if I'd kill a man and hide his body, I would've looked at you like you had three heads. But I had done it. That was the new Thomas Gallo."

Gah, I read that and knew the gravity of his decision was haunting him. I could not read this fast enough, but never wanting it to end!

Let's talk sexiness, shall we???  OMFG!!! There were not hoards of sex/love scenes in this story, but the ones that are in it...HOLY HELL, HOT HOT, HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll just say, Roxy is my kind of gal. WOW! I mean it, they were some of the sexiest scenes I have ever read. NO JOKE... They went far enough for you to get all the good stuff. Without being so many and so much that it took from the story. I found it to be perfectly balanced. 

"Without asking, he wrapped one hand around my neck, putting pressure on my veins but not cutting off my breathing. My face began to feel tingly as the blood flow was cut off. When he pinched harder, I felt lightheaded and sucked in air, barely able to squeak out a sound. His grip became tighter, the pressure intensified and my body snapped, releasing the pent-up energy that had collected all evening."

I don't know about you but, DAYUMMMMMM! I don't care who you are that is some HOT writing.

Now onto my absolute most favorite part of each and everyone of these books.... 
The Gallo Family... I love them, I feel like I know them.  I want to be friends with the entire family, I want to eat Mamma Gallo's food and be teased endlessly by all of the Gallo Men. I can not think of any other family written in a series or standalone that I adore as much as I am in love with The Gallo's.  I cried!!! YES ME, I cried... there are very few books out there that get me to cry...But damn, when Thomas walked into the house and Mamma Gallo yells his name and spider monkey's herself onto him... I cried. I cried hard. 
I have been vested in this family from the start, I feel like I have a right to show up on their door step and it will be perfectly fine.  That people is called, "EXCELLENT WRITING!"  And what Chelle does with her characters is just
magic...


5+ Clocks for me. I mean, it just a complete story.. You get finality, no hanging on to "what if's or shoulda's." I feel like that is what draws me in so deep to this series. Every book is a complete journey. Bravo!!!! 















No comments:

Post a Comment