Thursday, August 8, 2013

***LICK*** Seriously is there a better attention getting title???

 
 
 
 
 
 
Evelyn Thomas's plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll's favorite son is sure to be a wild ride.
 
Do you stay married or get a quickie divorce?
 
 

  Ev is asking herself, Do you stay married or get a quickie divorce?  One night of letting go, being young and free of responsibility has come back and bitten Ev's ass. Waking up married to anyone you just met would be rather unsettling, but waking up married the famous, sexy as hell and much adored lead guitarist for the band Stage Dive, David Ferris is quite another.
 
  I have to just admit it... I AM A WHORE FOR A GREAT ROCK STAR BOOK!!! There I said it, and HOLY BAGEEZES Kylie Scott delivers! OHHH Man did she...
From the first page you are asking yourself the questions "Who would I like to wake up married to and what would I do about it?" I like a book that does things like make us think.  I am trying to do this review without giving away to many details, but its so hard, because I want to tell you EVERYTHING, that's how freaking good it is! UGH...
 
Some of the funniest parts of the book are the conversations between Ev and her best friend Lauren, who happens to be a MEGA fan of Stage Dive! Here is a little snippet, when Lauren sees Ev's wedding ring for the first time.
 
"Mother of God, it's huuuuge!"
"I know."
"No, seriously."
"I know."
"Fuck me. I think I'm about to pee myself," she squeed, fanning her face and bouncing up and down on the car seat. "Look at it!"
"Lauren, stop. We can't both be freaking out. That won't work."
"Right. Sorry." She cleared her throat visibly struggling to get herself back under control.
"How much is that even worth?"
"I really don't want to guess."
"That. Is. Insane."
We both stared at my bling in awed silence.
Suddenly Lauren started bopping up and down in her seat again like a kid riding a sugar high. "I know! Let's sell it and go backpacking in Europe, Hell, we could probably circle the globe a couple of times on that sucker. Imagine it."
 I loved the banter between these two.
 
We meet other members of the band...
Jimmy , David's older brother, lead singer and BIG time addict.
Mal, the drummer, who Ev befriends, I love that he calles her "child bride"
Dave, who has lost his writing mojo.
 
With lawyers, assistants, managers, record label executives, and an ex girlfriend thrown in the mix can these two figure things out? Or will a lie and the paparazzi just be to much for Ev to handle?
 
I found myself unable to put this down... I would come to the end of one chapter and swear "that's it for a bit." I would start doing something exciting, you know like laundry or cooking. I just could not concentrate on the task at hand, knowing I could easily pick my kindle back up and find out what happened next!!! I just HAD to see where Ms. Scott was going to take us.  It was my CRACK and I was feening for it so bad. The emotions this story evoked were spot on. I ended up reading the book in its entirety in a little less than 24 hours. The only thing I wanted was MORE...at least 100 additions pages... I have a feeling that I would have just kept asking for MORE, because it was just that damn good!
 
OH! and by the way....my "what rocker would you like to wake up married to?" would be....
Tommy Lee, I know gasps are being heard all over the internet... but can you just imagine the DIRTY, HOT, WILD SEX  that man would give you.....WOW, it just got warm in here....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



I am giving LICK by Kylie Scott
3.5  clocks
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment